Scared and feeling lost

Hi-
I am grateful that this group is here. I need to share what is going on and hopefully get some feedback.
3 1/2 weeks ago, I started to feel incredibly bloated, full, and sick to my stomach.I also had my period for 12 days and that point and it is still going strong for about 31/2 weeks. My symptoms progressed to nausea, vomiting and diarrhea until I wound up in the ER with sever pain from what they thought was Pancreatitis. It wasn’t, but the ER doc mentioned they did see a cyst.

I followed up with a visit to my Gyno and he confirmed a cyst similar to the size of an orange. He did he they he suspects it is a functional cyst but he wants to watch it cloelt. He also found a polyp on my uterus. He sent me for a sono right away which confirmed it and he scheduled me for a biopsy of the polyp. He said he wanted to wait 2 1/2 weeks to see if the cysts went away on it’s own and said we would have to take additional steps if it didn’t. He also said he believed my other symptoms were unrelated and that he suspected some type of gastritis and that I should call him if 2-3 days if it didn’t clear up.

Of course, my symptoms are going strong still 3 1/2 weeks now and although I am now longer throwing up (as he prescribed Zofran), but I am continually nauseous, taking pecid and mylanta for discomfort that wont go away and unrelenting pain-which I suppose is from the cyst but it is also in my lower back and just radiates out to the point that I feel like I have a band of pain. I am quite fatigue and increasingly bloated to the point that pants that were loose on me won’t button. I definitely haven’t gain weight as I really haven’t been eating.

I called my OB and at that point, I only spoke about the continuous nausea and bowel problems. He asked me when we were scheduled for the biopsy and then referred me to my GP!? I expressed the fact he would probably just refer me back to him but whatever… So, tonight I am going to my GP for who knows what. In my eyes, my issues are clearly related to the cyst/polyp.

I got my sono report today and, of course, I can’t interpret it but I can see the my left ovary is significantly larger then my right. The right is 1.3 x .79 x.35 cm, whereas the left is 3.7 x 3.48 x 3.05 cm. The cyst measures as 2.89 x 2.97 x 2.01 cm. And it also notes the polyp which appears small at .75 x .79 x.35 cm. Again, I have no clue as to what that means.

I know that a cyst can cause pain and bloating but I don’t understand all the gastro problems. I just don’t understand how I have bloated so much that my clothes wont even button. The only good thing is that I think my period is stopping but it slowed down before to only come back with a vengeance the next day.

I apologize for the length. I am just really concerned, not only about the cyst and polyp but why I feel so unwell. To feel ill/nauseous for so long is frightening. I have never experienced any gyno problems. I am definitely concerned about malignancy and don’t know what to do next. I can’t possibly feel ike this until 8.11.09. Has anyone experienced this? Any feedback at all is appreciated…even if it is to say my post is too long! :wink:

Mary