Scared to death

Hi! I had me yearly female check up and was told I needed to have a mole removed with general surgery. Well I have an apt. next Thursday. I called to see what the deal is and we have consultation first then if he can remove it then he will. So my question is what if he cannot and what happens when they do. I am a rape survivor and being awake with some guy touching my breast does not help the anxiety either.
Please help me before I go crazy.

Jessey

Hi Jessey,
Take a deep breath, and try to stay busy. Have you tried to find a female doctor in your area that can remove the mole? If not, take someone with you that you trust, a friend or relative to stay by your side. I was awake durng my surgery and my husband stayed with me.
Good luck and you will stay in my prayers.
Dianne
-------------- Original message from jessey melanoma-cpt7238@lists.careplace.com: --------------

Hi Jessey,

When you have your mole removed if you can’t take a friend with you request that a nurse be in the room. The most important thing is to have the mole removed. If you need further medical consideration you may want to choose a surgeon that works with people that have melanoma and breast cancer. Their job is to save lives and their concern is you.

I am sorry you had a horrible experience but the most important thing is to have the mole removed.

The melanoma group is a fantastic place for support.

My prayers are with you

Robin
Chase’s Mom