Self treating w/HC - antibodies affected?

Hi everyone,

I won’t go into my whole story… But I am pretty sure I have Addison’s due to symptoms and other things ruled out. I’ve had my blood sugar checked several times (of course, I wouldn’t be surprised to get a diagnosis of diabetes one day).

I’ve ended up self treating because of how ignorant doctors are. The last time I saw my PCP, I asked him about the possibility of a cortisol problem - he looked at me like I was crazy and said “well there’s no way I’m prescribing cortisol”. Unfortunately, I did not KNOW at the time that there is a TEST for antibodies! He should have suggested the test (he’s the doctor!!!).

So I have an appt next week…and I’m going to ask for the tests. What I really want to know is…can HC lower your adrenal antibodies? I know that in Hashimoto’s disease, treatment with synthroid reduces antibodies. Should I assume the same happens with Addison’s? I’d hate to get a screwy result on my test because of the HC I’m taking. And I don’t want to tell my PCP that I’m taking it. I’ve thought about weaning down a bit in the hopes my results will be accurate. Does anyone have an opinion?

Thanks,
Amanda