Serious allegations

yesterday hit a all time low .some weeks ago when i was diagnosed with bipolar and i was took straight off antidepressants and onto tegretol retard i had big problems with the change over so much so i was frightened to drive i gave my car keys to my partner and told her not to gi ve them back to me until the meds had kicked in .well that was weeks ago but during about the last 2 weeks she has been refusing to hand them back this sparks off huge rows which in turn triggers my bipoar and she is well aware of this. so out of pure frustration i rang the police who although could do nothing talked to me.this isn't about my partner worrying about my safety this is about having me 'under her control' as when i really need her once she has succesfully triggered my bipolar she goes out for a few hours in her car not telling me where she is going.

yesterday after i rang the police she still would not hand my keys back so i just got her by her fleece top and tried getting the key from her pocket.she just kept looking at me with such a spiteful look.so i just gave up.and out she went again.this time she went to the police and her doctors telling them i had hurt her neck and she was in so much pain etc i never hardly touched her let alone hurt her.i know she did all this just to get it on record for her own use as the same day i had been rininging a lawyer to get advice on getting a injunction against her.

at first i thought she really cared and loved me  when i was first told og my bipolar but she has turned into a nasty vindictive person who cares nothing about me.

i can't go on like this yesterday she said she could had got me arrested and put in hospital she is trying to make out to the world i am crazy and i hurt her and how scared she is of me hurting her which again she has made up so things look good for her as she knows i am close to ending our relationship.

a few minutes ago after i got up i asked one simple question where the key to the tool shed was as i wanted to mow the lawn.she said she had locked it and got the key because yesterday she didn't want me getting anything from it to hurt her,yet again making out i  am some crazy person,not that she was worried that i might hurt myself or anything.

what can i do i am bipolar and have nothing in my defence while she is running around making allegations i am violent and hurting her. she said she loves me but i can't see how anymore. sorry if i've gone on but i really can't see clearly anymore

Do you have a therapist you could call that could help?  Sounds like your partner is sure not helping you at all.  Is there somewhere else you can live for a while?  It might help to put some distance between the two of you for a bit.  I don’t know anything about the legal ramifications so can’t help you there.  I’ll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.  Keep me posted if it would help.

Wow, I thought my partner was not understanding; no offense. You know why most people act the way he/she is? Because they are uneducated. I have been trying to explain some things about bipolar to my partner and some of it is sinking in and we are having less and less fights. But it never got that bad. Only thing I can say for you to do is end it, because of how far he/she has gone. Sorry to say that; it is, of course, up to you because only you know your true feelings! It always makes things worse when you have no support at home. I am definitely here for you and, you’ve probably heard this a million and one times, but I can relate. Both of my SNs for IMing are AIM: VampireABaby or MSN: Bbyangl07, or even email: tearsofblood01@hotmail.com. We all here for each other

oh my god! Are you sure this woman dosen’t have a mental illness of her own? Sounds like she has some serious control issues and is just downright mean!!(sorry, I hope you don’t hate me later for saying that if you make up) I told you before that I was on Tegretol for my epilepsy, and yes, it can make you sleepy at first, but there should be no reason that she won’t let you drive. I have found it is a fairly decent med with very few if any side  effect. Are you OK?You may be bipolar but she sounds downright crazy to be making alligations like that which can be incredibly damaging.If you have never physically hurt her, then what she is doing/saying is just plain wrong. And just because you are bipolar dosen’t mean you are capable of something like that. I’m sorry I’m rambling, I just feel so bad for you. You are in my prayers

It sounds to me that you may be getting yourselve in a whole bunch ot trouble with your partner coming at you like that. That is not support, that cruel…I am also wondering if your partner doesn’t have a problem of her own. I can’t believe how she is getting everyone against you…remember I told you I was in a bad relationship…he did the same thing to me that your partner is doing to you…except Mine went even further and had me aressted. I spent 6 days in jail because of a lie he told the police and it ruined my chances of the career I was trying to get in (criminal justice). I bet if you parted from your partner you would get a grasp on you bipolar. If not it sounds like she is going to bring you down in alot of ways. It time to make a huge choice…your well being or her mind games and cruel treatment towards you. Sorry I am beng so forward, but I been there. It’s not going to get better like this and your not going to get better in this evironment. Christine

thankyou all for your advice i can’t write too much as i have a headache but you are all very much in my thoughts and thankyou for being there for me

A Hug Certificate for You!

If I could catch a rainbow
I would do it just for you and share with you its beauty
On the days you're feeling blue.

If I could build a mountain
You could call your very own;
A place to find serenity,
A place to be alone.

If I could take your troubles
I would toss them in the sea,
But all these things I'm finding are impossible for me.

I cannot build a mountain
Or catch a rainbow fair,
But let me be what I know best,
A friend who's always there.
This is a Hug Certificate!!

awwwwwww thanks thats cheered me up.

well i've found a way to try and stop my partner causing a row with me .by not taking the bait and just telling her calmly that i'm not going to answer her until she stops shouting at me and basically i'm not going to enter into a row with her.it worked the other night i was tired out and ready for bed i had stripped the bed earlier and left it to air and told my partner i was going upstairs to make the bed.so far so good i had stepped very carefully all day so we didn't row.well then she came upstairs about 10 to 15 minutes later i had nearly finished putting clean sheets on when she asked me what had i been doing all this time?i was kind of took aback and told her nothing but making the bed .she told me it didn't take this long.well i kind of lost it and told her she could finish making it and i went to calm myself down.i was mad with myself for losing it.

i waited for her to go to bed and pretended i was in the bathroom getting ready for bed.i was actually sat on the bathroom floor just waiting for her to go to sleep.i gave it a good half an hour before i came out but she was still awake light on waiting for me.then she started again i just muttered i thought she was asleep she retorted she had been waiting to use the bathroom.

well i got the usual "go and sleep in another bed" she was expecting me to argue back but i think i shocked her because i just got up and did just that got into the spare bed in the other bedroom.

she got up i thought oh sod it she is gonna follow me but she just flung the door open as she went by a very childish thing to do i thought.but hey i got a lovely nights sleep once i was sure she had gone to bed and asleep.

so i've found a way you could put it.as soon as i see i'm being baited into a row i use my routine.

ok i guess there are those of you who think hell leave this woman ,yes i have thought of it.but then i thought about life without her in it(grins for a moment :-) ) and i don't know if i could be happy .

sorry for ranting on and on it don't make sense to me what i say sometimes.

Good luck on your new system with dealing with your partner. I wish you the best. :slight_smile: christine

Hang on in there,i am thinking of you,Can your partner sit in on some of your therapy sessions?

It certaintly helped my husband understand things from my perspective and my therapists.

Take care,here is a BIG HUG for you.

Fionax