Severe dry eyes

Has anyone found a good way to control their dry eyes? I am on Restasis, Lacrisert eye inserts, antibiotic, Lacrilube at night and a gel eyedrop during the day. Each day can be different–some days better and some days worse–with blurriness that won’t really clear out. It has been a real battle. I would just like to be able to control my eye condition even though I have been told by my opthalmologist that I will have to live with this the rest of my life. I have also had thermal punctal occlusion (cauterization of the punctal canals).

Minischnauzer

Nope, but I hope someone else has some answers! I’m going thru a rough time with my eyes too. The darn artificial tears are expensive. I know I use too much.

Connie

--------------Boundary-00=_SHCOSPT1VA4000000000
Content-Type: Text/Plain;
charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

If you take OTC pain killers like Advil, Motrin, etc., they can dry you o=
ut
as well as your eyes. Also, you might think about consulting an allergis=
t
to rule out any additional problems…have them do the usual tests plus
blood work and see if you are allergic to any tress, grass, pollen, mold,
pet dander or dust. My son and I were allergic to our mini schnauzers (w=
e
had 3) and he had lots of coughing and very red, dry eyes. Allergy medic=
ine
can dry eyes out as well so, if you have allergies, ask the allergist for
something that’s not so drying to the eyes.=0D
=0D
Our schnauzers have since passed away and we haven’t gotten any more dogs=
or
cats cos we found out we’re very allergic to all the above-mentioned item=
s.=20
The dogs were indoor pets…only outside to wee and walk. I used to wak=
e
up with very crusty eyes and had lots of cloudiness and protein deposits
throughout the day. That stopped within 3 months of the dogs not being h=
ere
=0D
=0D
Also ask your doc to consider switching you to another type of antibiotic=
=2E=20
They may be causing the problem. Ask if being on any of your meds long t=
erm
causes dry eyes…that itself may be a side effect of long-term use.=0D
=0D
Good luck. I hope you get relief soon.=0D
=0D
Peg=0D
=0D
=0D
=0D
=0D
Has anyone found a good way to control their dry eyes? I am on Restasis,
Lacrisert eye inserts, antibiotic, Lacrilube at night and a gel eyedrop
during the day. Each day can be different–some days better and some day=
s
worse–with blurriness that won’t really clear out. It has been a real
battle. I would just like to be able to control my eye condition even
though I have been told by my opthalmologist that I will have to live wit=
h
this the rest of my life. I have also had thermal punctal occlusion
(cauterization of the punctal canals).=0D
=0D
Minischnauzer=0D
=0D
=0D
=20
--------------Boundary-00=_SHCOSPT1VA4000000000
Content-Type: Text/HTML;
charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

v\:* { =09BEHAVIOR: url (#default#vml) } v\:* { =09BEHAVIOR: url (#default#vml) }
If you ta= ke OTC pain killers like Advil, Motrin, etc., they can dry you out as wel= l as your eyes.  Also, you might think about consulting an allergist= to rule out any additional problems.....have them do the u= sual tests plus blood work and see if you are allergic to any tress, gras= s, pollen, mold, pet dander or dust.  My son and I were allergic to = our mini schnauzers (we had 3) and he had lots of coughing and very red, = dry eyes.  Allergy medicine can dry eyes out as well so, if you have= allergies, ask the allergist for something that's not so drying to the e= yes.

Our schnauzers have since passed away a= nd we haven't gotten any more dogs or cats cos we found out we're very al= lergic to all the above-mentioned items.  The dogs were indoor pets.= =2E..only outside to wee and walk.  I used to wake up with very crus= ty eyes and had lots of cloudiness and protein deposits throughout the da= y.  That stopped within 3 months of the dogs not being here.

Also ask your doc to consider switching= you to another type of antibiotic.  They may be causing the problem= =2E  Ask if being on any of your meds long term causes dry eyes.....= that itself may be a side effect of long-term use.

Good luck.  I hope you get relief = soon.

Peg

&n= bsp;

Has anyone found a good way to control = their dry eyes?  I am on Restasis, Lacrisert eye inserts, antib= iotic, Lacrilube at night and a gel eyedrop during the day.  Ea= ch day can be different--some days better and some days worse--with blurr= iness that won't really clear out.  It has been a real battle.&= nbsp; I would just like to be able to control my eye condition even = though I have been told by my opthalmologist that I will have to live wit= h this the rest of my life.  I have also had thermal punctal oc= clusion (cauterization of the punctal canals).

Minischnauzer

--------------Boundary-00=_SHCOSPT1VA4000000000--