Sharing a bit

I went to my psych doc right before I got hurt,when my meds were changed.I had a talk with him about my take on depression,and I wanted to share with you all.

One of my thoughts when I’m in a deep depression is that I’m in a black hole at that moment.I see the light at the end,and I know I can get there,because I’ve been there before.The journey will be tough,but I know I can make it out.

The other thing about my depression,is that I lose myself.I play so many roles(as you all do):mother,wife,daughter,granddaughter,friend.In all that giving of myself…I don’t feel like it’s real.It’s like I’m playing a role of these ‘jobs’ in my life,and I’m acting.In the shuffle,I lose the 'real’Cleta,and I can’t find her at all.And I forget who the real Cleta is.

Does anyone else have these thoughts?Or is it just me?

Thanks for letting me share.

Huggs,
Cleta

Willow Rose,
losing yourself in all the roles is easy to do. They way back can be difficult but I know you can do it. You are a good soul and you will have my support as you face your challenges. Hugs Buddy!

It’s been a really hard past few days for me too…i have no idea who i am anymore either…I’m simply not just HEATHER anymore…i’m 5 little ones mom…sometimes i’m just “the nurse” …i’m “the girlfriend”…“the ex-wife…”  and the other half of the time i just feel like “the bitch!”  There is no time to just be me…or to even begin to figure out who that person even is!!!  I wish i had a clue where to begin!   i apoligize i know that wasn’t very helpful…but i do completely understand!!!