Sick of being sick

Hello everyone,

Please, bare with me since I speak French, I’ll try my best not to do too much mistakes…

I am not a doctor and I’m fully aware you’re not… But maybe someone here could tell me if my symptoms seems close to those of Addison’s disease and need further investigations? Sorry for the lenghty post…

Background:
I’m a 27 years old young man.
I have a low appetite, but it has always been this way before…
For years, my average blood pressure has been quite low: 105/65 but my doctor assures me it’s not harmful at all, much the contrary he says… But I do a lot experience those head rushes, get very disoriented, lost of vision for ½ min or so when I change position… Never pasted out yet though.
My doctor says that with my low blood pressure, this just happens and I have to learn to live with it…
My grand father had Parkinson’s disease which also involved Alzheimer…
My father was diagnosed with Berger’s disease a few years ago…

For several years now, Three to four times a month, for 3-4 days in a row each time, I just don’t feel well at all… I just want to sleep, but obviously can’t since I have to work like anybody else and I won’t call sick each time this situation occurs…

It always varies in length (few hours to a day) and intensity, but basically, it begins with a headache, then I get really nauseous and feel awfully dizzy. I get tingling sensations in the feet, hands, teeths and abdomen. I usually try to make things better by sitting on a chair and lowering my head betwen my kees… splashing my face with fresh water if I can. It helps for a few minutes, but it just keeps getting worse… By this time, I’ve been told I’m quite “green”. Driving a car is out of the equation since I can barely walk…

I usually get drop off at home and “try” to sleep right away. The next few days, I will experience migraines and a few nausea, but in an intensity that I can much more whitstand.

My doctor always put this on the count of migraines and said there were nothing we could do other than medications when symptoms occured. But those medications tend to make me even dizzier.

I will get the same symptoms if I’m asked to stand for a prolonged period of time (such as a ceremony) or again if I’m in a hot environment too long (I’m in Quebec and I get sick in hot summer days and it has always been this way).

I also can’t go more than 3-4 days without having some diarhea episodes.

I had my glycemia checked a few time in pharmacy and was told that it is ok. I can’t say that I have “cravings” for salt, but yes, I usually use a lot of salt when eating…

Well, finally… Always had this little “shacky movement” in the hands. Not a big deal but definately noticable. Occasional spasm in arms and legs and awfully painful cramps in the feets.

Over the years, my doctor never felt the need for further tests that could indicate something.

One of my coworker tipped me on Addison’s disease and now that I’ve read about it, I’m quite concern… Should I try to getting in touch with a nephrologist to make more tests ? Hopefully someone will be able to tip me here…

Hi there
I have a few of the symptoms you are describing. I am always missing work because I am really tired. i have Celiac diseas- I’m sure you’ve heard of it living in Europe. When I eat gluten I get really tired, get awful migraine headaches and get nausea and diarrhea and loss of appetite. my sister gets really dizzy but I don’t. I am on this list now because even though I’ve cut gluten out and foods I am allergic to, I still feel tired so I am getting a test to see what my cortisol levels are. good luck!

your message sounds very close to that of my own, But i haven’t felt well for about 7 years and had been diagnosed with just major depression and on disability. Just recently I returned to work to give it a try a wound up with all the symptoms you speak of and intense abdominal pain I have IBS, after being hospitalized I have now been diagnosed with adrenal insuffiency or addison’s disease, I would suggest you have a full work up on you endocrine system and hormones. With an endocrenologist .That is what I am being told is the critical and life treating part of the low blood pressure, mine actually went down to 70/46. and I still didn’t have many symptoms like you, just a funny headeache that turned like a migraine, exahastion, being disoriented
then i would feel better after rest. and it would happen again.
Hope this helps.