Side-effects of treatment

I have become so emotionally sensative. Sometimes I just breat out into tears over the slightest ‘heart-touching’ things. I also feel guilty that I am so fatigued, especially these last 2 or 3 weeks. Am I over doing the symptoms or is it a normal thing? Can it be just me taking advantage of the situation to be lazy?

Hi,
If you are on tx (treatment) by all means you are NOT lazy. This tx zaps every ounce of energy you have. And trying to act like its not too much for you, will only add stress and more fatigue. You need to let your family see the letter I posted in here, about Families with Hep-C family members. This tx is very grueling, its like that of chemo, you even lose some of your hair. So stop feeling guilty and put that part to use in your energy holding tank.

You hang in there. Talk at me anytime. I went 14 months of tx. and still have most sides and that was 3 yrs ago.
LOUIE

Lowell,
If you are on treatment you may need some anti-depressants as you may be feeling the effects of the interferon. Be sure as you lose weight they adjust your dosage so you are getting the proper amount and not too much.
I am currently on treatment. With out meds I couldn’t do tx. But remember it’s our only chance to beat the dragon. It’s hard but doable.
I am almost 1/2 through with 48 weeks and I feel like I need a “stay On Tx” trainer. Write down the symtoms you experience so when you get to the DR you can remember them all.
DRINK WATER. Hang in there. I am available to talk anytime.
tm2tRiver

Don’t think I can handle interferon-am even afraid to go for the liver biopsy. Live alone, deathly afraid of this illness.