Side Effects

My hep c tx is just killing me. I'm sick all the time the nausea is terrible. I have severe attacks of nasuea and vomitting for day which lands me in the hospital and I've become even more depressed.  My anger is going over the top and I don't know how to control it. The littlest things that I normally wouldn't get mad at just tick me off and I see red.

I'm now on anxiety meds, but they don't help with the anger and I'm still anxious and always worring. I go to bed and night and my mind is going a thousand miles a minute about everything, I get upset and my stomach hurts something awful. 

LB ~ What meds are you on right now? if you don’t mind telling me if you’d rather message me you can. But I have some idea for you and suggestions you might want to ask your dr. about.
hugs, wishing your sides were only FrenchFries and Slaw…

River:

I’m on inerferon and ribivirin.

Are you on a good antidepressant for daytime
a mood stabilizer you take at night
you should have an aide to help you sleep
and xanax use as needed for the anxiety the drugs cause
Ribavirin can cause rages. It is a horrible side effect of that drug. You need help medically to overcome it you cannot do it own your on. You are experiencing medication induced depression, anxiety, and irritibility that can lead to rages. DO MOT feel bad about this. It’s NOT your fault. It’s these horrible drugs ~
Has your Dr. discussed or prescribed any of these support meds for you. During treatment your antidepressants should be raised due to the increase of depression during tx.
I hope this helps and gives you some place to start talking to your DR.'s hugs and hope sweetie

I too had rages - along with an anxious feeling in my gut a lot of the time - that went along with the inability and/or disinterest in eating food. My family, thank God - just understood when I told them- remember when I had PMS years ago - well this is a lot like that - any little thing could send me into a rage - yelling, swearing. Now I understand that it is the Ribavarin - wasn’t sure which med it was at the time - boy that stuff is something else - it’s the most toxic of the two - but it made the interferon work for me - Do try to hang in as long as you can. But know that even if you cannot tolerate it anymore - that’s okay - its awful - and often times now shorter regimens are working as well as the longer. My docs didn’t tell me till they ended my treatment at 45 weeks - that I had made it longer than many - they didn’t want to tell me sooner - cuz, even though they say you can stop any time - they really do want you to hang in there to the end - the rats…My docs gave me Ambien for sleep and pain meds for day - but toward the end of treatment that last 6 weeks or so - there was no day or night - just - took it one day at a time - knowing that it would soon be over. Anyone that has the courage to go through this more than once is simply amazing in my book. Love and hugs to you!

Patricia will you tell me that about 1/2 through my 2nd try at tx which starts in July. I am just dreading it, the Interferon is the toxic drug for me, my body just turns inside out on it ~
It’s crazy isn’t it?

LB:
i hear ya. i’m on week 15 of the HCV tx and it’s kickin’ my arse. i’ve been trying to keep workiing while taking the shite but the last 2 week gig (underwater work and shooting under the brutal summer socal sun)+ the meds has me down for a full week, too sick, too tired and too wounded.
we’ve got to hang on as long as possible.
remember you’re not alone…
peace

KM

REMEMBER WE ARE WARRIORS AGAINST A DRAGON ~

we may be battle weary but you must keep fighting the nasty beast. We are stronger together than apart. I am opening a photo album of dragons just to inspire me… go look at it if you want to focus on the real cause of your anger, rage, weakness, trembles, gut wrenches and exhaustion. TO HEALTH!