Skin Tags?

Do any of you have a problems with skin tags? I know it is a minor thing in comparison to all the painful symptoms we have. But I have so many and I have had them removed but they grow back again and again. Some of them get really irritated especially on my neck. I am just curious if its part of our bodies chemistry related to the DD?

I have several. Never had any removed, although one that was under my bra line (around my ribcage) ripped off from having been rubbed so much. Bled like crazy!

My mother, who had lipomas although not painful ones, also had a bunch of skin tags. I don’t know for sure, but it seems that they’re more common with fairskinned people. At least that’s how it works in my family. The sallow and olive skinned people don’t seem to have them.

me

I have a lot of skin tags as well - especially on my neck and around my “girls” if you will. LOL I’ve talked to my doctors about them, because as you say they can get irritated, especially with a bra rubbing on them or a collar from a blouse, etc. I’ve tied many of mine larger ones off with string and cover with a bandaid until they fall off on their own. Of course those that were around my eyes I did on a weekend when I didn’t have to go out anywhere. They usually fall off in a day or two and yes it smarts to tie them initially, but to have them gone is soo much better! LOL

Take care.

Suzann A. Cheney

I don’t have any skin tags…but Dr. Gott’s medical column recommends covering the tag with clear nail polish once a day for several days, and the tag usually drops off on its own, and doesn’t return.

Susan L. Grimshaw

Oh, I like this better than tying off with string. Sounds less painful. I’m going to try it! Thanks for sharing!

Suzann A. Cheney
Administrative Assistant
Graduate School/Government Relations/Provost Office
Clarkson University
PO Box 5625
Potsdam, NY 13699-5625
Tel: (315) 268-6738
Fax: (315) 268-7994

Thanks for the info! I will definately try the nail polish idea!
B

This is a very interesting thread. I have many, many skin tags. I have had many discussions with numerous Drs as to their origin. I have always felt that there may be a viral connection. About the time the tags started to gain momentem, I also started to develop scaly warts of some sort. It was at this point that the lipomas grew the most, also. Dr. Herbst says “no connection”. I’m not totally convinced.

I have some skin tags in my armpits and around my neck. My Mom had them too. She called them “liver warts” and said that it meant liver trouble. When I was at the dermatologist one time for something else I asked about them and he took a scapel and cut them off. No anesthetic was needed. He said insurance won’t cover it so he did not put it on the bill. I will try the nail polish. The wart remover you buy at the drug store says not to use on skin tags. If I let the skin tags go it seems that they eventually turn brown and become like moles?? : ) : 0 : (

my husband and daughter both have alot of skin tags, more than i can count. They both dont have lipoma…or at least ones they havent found. I have one skin tag on my neck.

I have had skin tags most of my life and I have had some removed by my previous Dr by freezing them…I have also tied strings around some…Now I have so many inside lumps that the outside lumps dont bother me anymore…

Hey! Benita here.

I’ve had several skin tags but not a lot at one time. Just one here and there over the past few years. Mostly in the elastic area of my panties in the groin area. I don’t wear regular panties anymore because I think that was what was causing them. I wear boyshort type panties and they are definitely more comfortable for us - no strong elastic pressing on nodules/fat pads and you can find them at (depending on your size), JC Penneys, Victoria’s Secret, Torrid and other stores online. You will love them and since changing, I haven’t had any new skin tags form and the ones that I have (2 right now) don’t get irritated.

Benita

My doctors have always (PCP and derm) just used a razor and shaved them off. I haven’t gotten up the nerve to do that myself but that’s what they’ve always done.

Benita

I just started getting them under my “girls” too! I have a few on my neck. Weird! Mine do not bother me so I am not concerned about them. Other things are happening that are far more important! Hugs to all and hope the warmer weather gives us some pain free days!

stonel