Sleep Apnea Member Introductions

Hello everyone. I live with obstructive sleep apnea, depression and anxiety. I am looking to meet new friends who know what it is like. Send me a message and say hello.

Hello

Glad to E-meet you I am Nee_cee I am fairly new to this group too, trying to
find out more info on it, what’s obstructive S. Apnea?

Reply-To: givenchy sleep-apnea-cpt2336@lists.careplace.com
To: poeticneicy@msn.com
Subject: Re: [sleep-apnea] Sleep Apnea Member Introductions
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 17:48:26 -0400

Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is the most common kind of sleep-disordered breathing. The muscle tone of the body usually relaxes during sleep and at the level of the throat the human airway is composed of collapsible walls of soft tissue which can obstruct breathing during sleep.

Hi Givenchy. Thx. for explaining it. :slight_smile: I’ve had OSA for over seven years now. Surgery doesn’t cure it. It’s CPAP for me for the rest of my days. Actually, I’ve gotten quite used to it. It doesn’t bother me at all. Bye for now. Lots of hugs. :slight_smile: Wayne

I haven’t been on Careplace for awhile but I wanted to say hello and hope you all are feeling well.

Hi. I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea this year. I only noticed in the last few years that I had problems related with my sleep. I have RA, IBS, Asthma and many other painful conditions, so it was hard to pin point what else is going on.

Hi
I was diagnosed in Aug 2008 and have been using a CPAP Machine ever since. I have lost a lot of weight since i started using the CPAP and wondered if this was normal

Hi everyone, sort of stumbled on to this place and it looks like fun. I have been on the hose for about 6 months.

hi there, i work with the careplace team. i think careplace is awesome. i hope it will really help people to share, support eachother and learn. we can all use support and understanding and it is so important for all of us who have experienced difficulties to have a safe and informative forum in which to do so. thanks for visiting - it is really rewarding for all of us to see people reaching out to eachother - it is what careplace is all about.

hi there! I was just diagnosed with sleep apnea. I apparently have a moderate case, I stopped breathing 21 times an hour. I just did my trail last night with a CPAP machine… I hope to be getting one within the week according to the tech at the hospital. Im 29yrs old…stay at home mom to 3 children. I live in South Carolina. Im hoping that by joining this group, I can learn from others :slight_smile: Thank you Kelly

I’ve been insanely tired for the past few months. Noticed that I wake up gasping for air quite regularly.

Looking for tips to improve my sleep habits.

49yr old male, with Sleep Aponea, part of life diagnosed with KS at 19yrs old.