So hard to hang on

I have been in a dark place for some time now, I am running out of strength I don’t know how to keep up the fight or why keep fighting things just keep getting worse trouble with my son I try and try to stay strong for my kids but How can I help them when I can’t get my own life in order I don’t know how anymore I am so upset and down I took 15 mins just to figure out how to make this post God why is this so hard to cope .

Please God if you are there why don’t you here my cry for help what have I done to be punished like this tell me …

Mikee, Depression has this effect on people, and there are different approaches to treating it. Many doctors are only trained to prescribe various types, and strengths of antidepressants, and counselling. If the depression proves to be resistant, their next approach is to recommend ECT, with its 1 in 50,000 risk of death, and the possibility of permanent, partial memory loss. There are many other things you can do to help treat your depression, and I have chosen to avoid medications, and use a multidimensional approach to treating it.

Moderate exercise for at least 20 - 30 minutes, daily, and up to an hour. Brisk walking is good, and try to be mindful of the feeling your foot makes as it hits the ground: it is a relaxation technique. Also use daily, one of the relaxation methods in sections 2, 2.c, 2.i, or 11, and/or yoga, Tai Chi, and/or the EFT, in sections 2.q, 2.o, and section 53, at http://www.ezy-build.net.nz/~shaneris whichever works best for you. Screening quizzes for depression are via page E, in section 1, or page J, in section 2. If positive, print, and consult a doctor, to eliminate medical causes, and ask for an appropriate referral.

Take 4 Omega 3 fish oil supplements, daily: (certified free of mercury) it is best if consumed with an antioxidant, such as an orange, or grapefruit, or their FRESHLY SQUEEZED juice. If vitamin E is added, it should be certified as being 100% from natural sources, or it may be synthetic: avoid it. Also take a vitamin B complex which is certified as being 100% of natural origin; a deficiency in vitamin B9 (folic acid, or folate) is known to cause depression. Around 30% - 40% of depressed people have low vitamin B12 levels. Depressed females using the contraceptive pill may benefit from vitamin B6 supplements.

Occupational therapy (keeping busy allows little time for unproductive introspection, and keeps mental activity out of less desirable areas of the brain). As options, if desired, either a known, effective herbal remedy, such as St. John’s wort, (a German variety, if possible; local ones may vary in efficacy; take with a meal) or supplements, such as SAMe, or Inositol (from vitamin and health food stores, some supermarkets, or mail order: view section 55 at ezy-build ).

Initially, at least, some form of counselling, preferably either Cognitive Behavio(u)ral Therapy, or Rational Emotive Behavio(u)ral Therapy. Co-counselling is shown in the first 3 pages of section 2, or online therapy, or even talking with someone you feel comfortable with, and a much more detailed post is on page R. For males, view male depression. Eventually, read the section. I am unaware of what you have tried so far, but I include many different treatments in section 2, which has taken me more than a year to build, and I believe is well worth a good look.

I don’t know you but i know how you feel. I am sorry and hop e you feel better.

Riverlassie is right in everything that she said. You are not alone, although sometimes it may seem that way. I am sorry that you are filled with such pain right now. Try, if you can, to turn it over to God. I know you can. You are in my prayers. It WILL get better!

Mike , God does haer and see your pains and sorrows . And he has His arms held wide open for you to rest in . I know what it feels like when life just seems to get heavier and heavier . That is why God has given His Son, He took on the pains of all of humanity , all the way to the cross. And just as His arms were speard open wide on the cross they still are for each and everyone. Just surrender to him, let Him take the burdens from your heart , without wanting to take them back . He has it all worked out already , but we tend to get in the way sometimes. I’ve been there Mike, I fell flat on my face with tears pouring down my face , not realizing how mush I was holding onto the situation s that weight heavy on me. But once there is TRUE DEEP surrender, you will know, you will feel it , then just relax and know that all will work out. May I share a scripture that I keep buried deep within my heart. Its what gives me strenght in trusting in His love for me…It’s from the bible , which i suggest you look deep into you will see alot of hope and understand where God is…

Jeremiah 29:11

" For I know the plans I have for you, " declares the Lord,“pland to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you ,” declares the Lord, " and I will bring you back from captivity.

Write this down , place it everywhere, absorb it deep within your soul , just re-read it over and over and you will see. There is much hope Mike , If you wish to talk to me some more you are welcome to e-mail me at flogeo@comcast.net. I’ll be here for you too my friend …

Hang in there. God is there for you. Sometimes it is hard to figure out Gods plan in life, and in those times, it’s better not to question, but to just accept.

We are all here for you if you need to talk, your kids are around you, and they are there for you as much as you are there for them. Depression is hard. We all know that. I wish I could give you a big hug, and just take you somewhere and sit in the sun and we could eat a bag of chips. Simple, but we could talk. Hang in there.

Sometimes you just keep asking yourself why, and if you hang in there, things will get better. If you need to talk, please drop me a line, I would be happy to talk to you either on here or you can give me a call! Sometimes its just so hard to even find a reason to get up. Just please keep in mind that we do understand around here, so we are here if you need us.

We are here.

SQUIRREL BOY, I AM SO SAD TO SEE YOU THIS WAY. ANYTIME YOU NEED TO TALK POST ME. I TRY TO BE ON AS OFTEN AS I CAN. SOMETIMES ITS NOT OFTEN BUT I DO CHECK MY MESSAGES DAILY.HANG IN THERE MY FRIEND.

LOVE AND SUNKIST!!

Mikee-I so understand what you are saying. Everyday right now is a battle to get myself up to deal with one more day when my world is unraveling around me. I know what it feels like to have to search for the strength to face another day, and feel like you just don’t have it. But we will make it-CP and all the great people on it are here for us-we are not alone.

Thank you all for your support … I have lost my faith in god I really don’t think there is a god anymore sorry if i offend anyone not my intention at all it is just how i feel and i wish i didn’t but if he was a kind and loving god as i was told in church then why do we suffer so bad on this earth I am not here to argue the point I must work this out on my own . Thank you my friends …

Mikee, please hang in there and call your doctor or therapist and tell him or her how you are feeling. It is very painful and i understand that. It hurts! We are here for you; please don’t forget that.

MIKEE I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. I HATE GETTING OUT OF BED IN THE MORNING… I AM OUT OF WORK. THE PHONE RINGS ALL DAY LONG CAUSE OF THE CREDITORS. NOW MY CAR RADIATOR IS LEAKING AND I HAVE NO MONEY TO FIX IT. I HAVE TO TAKE OUT MY 401K. WILL PROBABLY BE WITHOUT A CAR FOR 2 MONTHS AND I HAVE TO FILE FOR BANKRUPCY. IT IS NOT EASY AND I HAVE NO HEALTH INSURANCE. BUT I SAY TO MYSELF I AM A GOOD PERSON AND THIS WILL WORK OUT. I SAY IT ALL DAY LONG. IT IS HARD I KNOW. I AM NOT TAKING MEDS ANYMORE. I HAVE A HEART ISSUE BUT NO INSURANCE BUT I WILL MAKE IT. YOU CAN ALSO. IT’S HARD BUT YA GOT TO KEEP WORKING AT IT. I AM HERE FOR YOU SO IF YOU WANT TO PM ME THATS OK. I WILL BE HERE FOR YOU.
HUGS AND PRAYERS
DREEN

Hang in there Mike. Maybe you need a good day of chicken chasing’ like in the old days?

Come on Mikee.....we are here for you when your ready to come out and play again.

Just keep that in mind.  I know that there have been times in my life with losing people and all the things I have had to deal with when I have questioned my faith also.  I think that is a normal process when for so long it seems like things are not going the way you should, and your right, it's something that sometimes you have to work out for yourself.  But if you want company....there's alot of us here ready to give it to you!!!!

Hang on it there.  B

Checqs....we might want to think Bigger.....like some TURKEY chasin now.  It's getting to be that time of year! 

Aren't Turkey's really mean?  But I guess I would be one mean SOB if someone was chasin me around with a hactchet trying to chop off my head!~

Thank you all so much for all your support … I am feeling some better now … And yes some good ole chicken chasing would be fun I miss the old days of fun …

Fun…hmmm-what is that? I believe I have some vague memories of fun…

Listen Mike, Soooo Many times ,just when we’re sooooo close to the turn about point we tend to give up . But if you just wait a little long , it’s right around the corner. Don’t give up hope my friend , it’s right there ahead of you , I can see it my friend . I wish I could take your hand and pull you you ahead but this is something we all must , and do, go through . And you may feel as though your alone your really not hon . Just close your eyes and walk ahead …

I know it helps to have people HEAR you, Mikee. I know because it has helped me so many times. We’re with you, Mikee, in every sense of the word. Hang on!

I know that I am starting to feel better some days better than others I am still fighting hard . I don’t see it coming sometimes it just jumps up and slaps me back down and this is the time of year that gets me down in the worst way holidays i hate them i wish they did not happen . Thank you all for being here for me.

This is gonna be a hard year for me in every way too Mike. It sounds like if you keep battleling you might get on the best side though. That is what we have to do, keep up the constant battle. Some days are just harder than others, thats for sure! Hang in there though, sometimes, something comes along when your least expecting it and makes you feel good, makes that smile on your face seem like you just can’t stop. YOu just never know. :slight_smile: