Social Anxiety Disorder Member Introductions

I’m dealing with social phobia and general anxiety. I’d like to connect with others facing this.

Hello, I would like to connect with other people that have this condition. I hope that I can help someone as well as myself. I look forward to meeting people just like me.

Hello. I have what I believe is social anxiety. I try to avoid parties, group lunches, group anything’s. It seems like it is getting worst. I really would like someone who can understand. My husband is an extroverted person and he does not understand.

Hello everyone. I have social anxiety and, most likely, avoidant personality disorder. Also, I’ve been on antidepressants since age 20 or so (luckily managed well only a couple bad bouts). Social anxiety and avoidance increased in my 20s. I’m on meds for it and they help, but my main concern is dealing with women. I haven’t dated in years, I’m just too shy and find it too stressful to meet new people. I function well otherwise. I feel like I’m making slow, but steady, progress. Fairly happy. I’m a big believer in psychotropics, and I think it takes experimenting with a supportive psychiatrist to find what drug or combination of drugs works best for you. Just looking to meet people who can relate and make new friends.

Hi All!
Im new to the site, found it by loking for Yahoo groups, and found a link to here. So, I am suffering from SA and Depression. I am 27 female from Canada. Im just hoping to talk with some people that have/are dealing and coping with this.

socialbutterfly27

Hi all. It’s nice meeing other people who share the same issues I’m dealing with. Now I dont feel so alone.
I’ve always kept my condition to myself because I’ve always been too afraid to talk about it for fear of people judging me.
Every job I’ve had, I always looked for excuses to go home because I just get dizzy and feel weird. About once a week on the way to work, I have to turn around and go back home, I just cant face the courage to see people.

I do like people, and I enjoy their company, but I get so excited around them I get nervous and dizzy. I feel disconnected to my body and start paying attention to my hand gesters and facial movements. They feel so “fake” and unreal.

I want to go on SSI, but have always been too afraid to take any testing, perhaps because I think bad things will happen to me and my family if I’m labeled with mental problems, but I almost feel I have no choice.

If anyone understands where I’m coming from, please send me a message.

Thanks,
Chicklits

Hi All,

I have had social anxiety all my life and worked in high stress jobs most of the time which made it even more fun. I can relate to what Chiclet and the others said. Where do we go to just have a message board to talk or IM to talk if anyone wishes?

I think being able to talk about this online is one of the most wonderful things that has come up in a long time. One can find others who have the same feeling and not feel alone and also exchange ideas on what things have worked or not worked for them. This is great for building up some confidence and self esteem to be able to go out and do things in the real world.

Good to meet y’all (yes, I am from the South) and I look forward to getting to know you.

Don

Hi there! I am new here! My name is Kye, I’m 33, and I suffer social anxiety, which can be very difficult to live with. I’m hoping to get some support here from others who suffer and may understand. Kye

Sure Don, that would be great :slight_smile:

Cheers, Kye

Hello, Kye,
I don’t know if we are alone here or not. Social anxiety used to be called social phobia. The only people I have been able to find are people in the social phobia group; you may wish to join that group. I have been trying along with cyndi to get a conversation started there. We would love to have you join us. You can read a little about me in the post, I think, just above yours. May I add you to my friends list?
Don

hi there, i work with the careplace team. i think careplace is awesome. i hope it will really help people to share, support eachother and learn. we can all use support and understanding and it is so important for all of us who have experienced difficulties to have a safe and informative forum in which to do so. thanks for visiting - it is really rewarding for all of us to see people reaching out to eachother - it is what careplace is all about.

I have severe stress and anxiety which has caused me to be on disability since July. I have NEVER been on disability and have worked my whole life, so this is quite scary for me.
I had no idea how debilitating Agoraphobia was until it struck me. It’s HORRIBLE!