Social Anxiety Disorder Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Social Anxiety Disorder. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

Hi there! I’m a 23 year-old Californian who’d like to connect with friendly people who can relate with my social anxiety. I’m a nice guy and would love to make new friends, lend a compassionate ear, and perhaps offer some of my own humble advice.

I am in my 30’s and still suffer from SA. I am moving forward and managing to put it to the back of my head but i pray for the day its gone altogether and i have the confidence to shout it out in a large room IM FREE!

I want to learn more about how to deal with this disorder

Hey, i got the sa with bipolar.. and never had it yrs ago really. Now im so self conscxious: ''do i talk enough, am i interesting enough, am i talking too much'' ETC. AARRGH!!!

I hate it. i used to love going out, now i feel redundant and wairt to go home.

shah

what to be able to take about biploar in comformt, and be able to be bring my friend and tell him for him to understand what i do thrught and explain why i’m so sercerctive with things, and love to share things with him i’m sure he would be to handle it but, how can i be so sure when i care for him so much

what to be able to take about biploar in comformt, and be able to be bring my friend and tell him for him to understand what i do thrught and explain why i’m so sercerctive with things, and love to share things with him i’m sure he would be to handle it but, how can i be so sure when i care for him so much

social anxiety, major depression and currently going through a double depression

social anxiety, major depression and currently going through a double depression

i’ve suffered social anxiety every since I can remember. I’ve took several different medications to try and alleviate this disorder, even turned to drugs at one time, then had to go to re-hab to get them out of my system. This disorder has ruined my life. Any information I can get from this group will be really appreciated. I’m on disability because of social anxiety and am even sometimes even don’t even go around family members because it’s so bad.

I feel for anyone who is going through this. Needless to say this has always made it so hard for me to make friends. It’s hard for me to imagine being any other way. I’ve always been so shy and afraid to talk to anyone I didn’t know well. People often misunderstand me thinking I’m unfriendly or snobby. I’m so the opposite.

hi there. i have social anxiety. i didnt know there was a label for what i’ve had all my life. i have a hard time keeping friends. i avoid social situations because i worry that i will embarass myself or somebody will embarass me. i am usually quiet in a group and hate the spotlight to be on me. i get red in the face, nervous and my hands shake and feel sweaty. there have been times in my life when it seemed i could handle social situations but really i pushed myself through it with gritted teeth. now that my spouse and mother have both passed away from cancer, i feel like my two best friends are gone and my social life is zilch. i dont want to be isolated but it is so exhausting to try to make friends. and honestly, i am not sure how to maintain friendships.
on the outside i think i project someone who is independent and doesnt need alot of help or friends. it is so far from the truth.
who else can relate? i surely hope to hear from one of you.
i am having second thoughts of even sending this out so i better hurry and press the reply button before i once again isolate.

Hi, I have been suffering with Social Anxiety for the last 10 years and would like to meet others with the same condition, mainly so I don’t feel as weird!

Hi,
My name is Vinay and although I’m not sure as to whether I suffer with a social anxiety disorder, I do know I have a lot of social anxiety as well as other types of anxiety. I pretty much would love to connect with anybody with a high degree of social anxiety. Other College students with this problem are a plus!

It’s not fun living with Social Anxiety Disorder. I didn’t know what it was until 3 weeks ago, but I’ve been dealing with it for 20 years or more. It’s not just shyness, it’s crippling shyness. I’m learning more & more about it these days, and am looking for anyone else who is trying to overcome it.

Hi my name is christina im 28 yrs old . I have had depression , anxiety …and panic attacks since I was about 8 or 9 yrs old I just wanted to see if anyone can relate to me and my conditions. I want to learn ways to try to stop anxiety and panic attacks from happening so often I also have this thing about shopping and going into stores and being around to many people I just want my life top be ‘‘normal’’ I feel im trapped and no one to listen to me at all and no where to go for help that actually helps me … My daughter is 8 yrs old and has seperation anxiety and anxiety I cant help her If I cant help me the dr’s said … just asking for advice ty for all the help!!

i suffer from chronic anxiety, due to hearing loss

39 old male suffer anxiety to the point were im not comfortable even at home.i can describle myself as a agcrophobia.looking to meet people to help me find ways to talk and understand.

I’m wanting to learn more about what I can do about my condition.

Oh boy. You expect the socially anxious to introduce themselves? I’ll try…

It has only been in the last few months that I have come to admit to myself that I might have a serious personality problem. As my second marriage has fallen apart and divorce is imminent, I find myself all alone with no friends to turn to for support. I feel that my social avoidance and anxiety driven behavior have been the biggest factor in the breakdown of my relationships. My family, who I’m not at all close to, and who likely triggered at least part of my anxiety, live eight timezones away so I feel very isolated.

I’m here looking to see how others in similar situations are managing to cope. To be able to vent my fears and frustrations to those who understand. Cyber-friends are way better than no friends, right?