Some news about my N

Hi everyone,

I have been so busy with my new job that I haven’t had time to post or respond until now.

My job is going well, but it is a managerial position and I supervise over 50 (yikes!) people, which means my days are filled with problems to solve. It’s been crazy because I am so new at this, but all is good and I enjoy what I am doing. It’s giving me a new lease on life, so to speak.

As for my personal life, my N still calls me daily to chat, but our dates are few and far between and that is just fine with me. I decided to go online about a month ago and recently met someone to whom I feel very attracted, which is unusual for me. Usually I don’t care too much for anyone.

Anyway, we have had 3 dates in the last week and each one was fun. He is easy to talk to and seems genuinely nice. But here’s the caveat: i find that I don’t believe him when he says things. I am looking for the lies and thinking that he is just saying anything to pull me in. I never used to feel that way when i was dating. Now i don’t trust, even though he seems really nice. The difference is that I don’t have that fear in my gut that i had with my N at the beginning. I knew that he would not be good for me, yet i forged ahead anyway, against my better judgment.

i am trying not to be cynical, but it is hard… and i want to give this new person a chance. SO… i decided to go one day at a time and watch very closely to see if things are aligned. At the first hint of narcissism, I will leave.

Congrats! I love it! New job and New Men! And you are N prepared!

I say assume he is not and assume the best and enjoy it … until you see or feel a sign and then start looking. Even a sign could mean just being a boy.

HAPPY FOR YOU! Cheers to a new chapter in your life and a positive one!

I am so happy for you. It is nice to hear that a person can move on and be happy after all the chaos. Looks like life is giving you lots of positive events and I hope you can relax and enjoy. Good Luck to you.

Thanks for the kind words of support. I appreciate them very much. As for feeling “happy”, i don’t know if I can say I feel that way completely yet. My N is still in my life, albeit in a periphery role by his doing. I am reluctant to cut him completely off because I know that usually makes him turn on the charm and pull me back in, so I am still staying available for phone calls. All of this maneuvering on my part is still exhausting me, but i don’t know what else to do. I feel like i am still somewhat “shell shocked”, perhaps a bit like a soldier returning from the war zone to regular society. How do you just fit back in?

As for the job and the new guy… yes those things are good, so I try to just focus on that and let the other go.

lucia

Lucia you don’t just fit back in. With each experience we change and grow. For better or for worse. You take one day at a time just like you said. No need to rush, take your time and enjoy the dating process.