Sore throat

hi all
I was diagnosed approx 5 months ago…I am on dex and have had continual sore throat.
Is this part of addisons or side effect of medication.
i have been of work for the past 3 months as my job is to talk all day and found this impossible…I would love some input or suggestions so I can get back to work Cheers deb

Hi Mrs DT,

I had plenty of sore throats and it was caused by a fungus infection. I had biotoxin disease from mold exposure. I am totally off the hormones now but I wouldn’t have gotten better until I got the right diagnosis.

Regards,
Sharon Hanson
Former Secondary Adrenal Insufficiency Patient

I have primary Addison’s disease and I often have sore throats. I used to think I was coming down with a cold but no other symptoms presented itself. I suck on cough drops and soon the sore throat goes away - only to return another day. These come about every other month and take about a week to disappear. Other than that, I feel extremely healthy with only 3 crises in the last 6 years.

Do you smoke? Are you hydrated?
----- Original Message -----
From: Laurie313mailto:addisons-cpt6981@lists.careplace.com
To: mh8kh8@msn.commailto:mh8kh8@msn.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 8:04 PM
Subject: Re: [addisons] sore throat

Personally, I’m not a smoker.

I have not been diagnosed…but I am SURE I have AD. I’ve had a sore throat for NINE years (no exaggerating) with swollen lymph nodes. I was tested multiple times for strep, mono, hiv, t-cells, allergies, fungal (cultures), and a few others. No one could figure it out. A few months ago, I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s. Now I am pretty sure I have AD as well. Going to ask my doc for the antibody test next week…
Amanda

I have never had a sore throat because of the Addison’s disease. I sometimes have a sore throat because of acid reflux. I take prilosec over the counter until it is better. However, you should have your doctor check it out. It could be something serious. Otherwise, why Dex? the standard treatment is cortef and florinef? Are you seeing an endocrinoligist?