Speech therapy

I am 27 & have Cerebral Palsy. I was wondering if anyone has gone to speech therapy as an adult? I have a slight speech problem… my muscles are too loose so my face tenses up when I speak which sometimes causes me to make faces. Can anyone give me suggestions on this? I live in Northwest Indiana. I really want to go to speech therapy & work on correcting this. I finished grad school so I am looking for a job. I am also dating & am sometimes embarressed by this. I want to get the best help that I can. Does anyone know where I can begin to look for treatment?

As you’re likely aware, it can be difficult to find a provider that would cover speech therapy for an adult. Have you already talked to your insurance company?
Can I ask what city you’re near in Indiana?

I’m in Florida, but I’ll see what I can do to help,
Kurt

-----Original Message-----
From: jk1979 [mailto:cerebral-palsy-cpt4705@lists.careplace.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 23, 2007 1:55 PM
To: kurt.seiwert@lmco.com
Subject: [cerebral-palsy] Speech therapy

Hi AJ… I know exactly what it is like to have speech difficulty and be dating. My ex-boyfriend would yell at me a lot for my speech. It was humiliating. My ex-husband has a speech difficulty and we can still understand each pretty well. I had another friend with the same thing and we got along great.

Hang in there!