Speech

my daughter is 3 and only has maybe 5 words in her vocabulary? where do we go from now? ent said to wait it out and she will talk eventually and Im paying a private speech therapist 1x/week

Your concern is totally valid. There is no point in “waiting it out”.
Your daughter’s private speech therapy may be covered by insurance when there is a medical condition, such as VCFS. Go to your pediatrician to request a speech language pathologist evaluation. (In my opinion, you may want to get a referral to a better informed ENT as well - someone who has other VCFS patients and/or craniofacial experience!) Although many of our kids are speech delayed, there are also a host of other speech & language issues that are often involved, one therapy session a week is usually not enough.

If you are not already involved with the public school system, contact them as well. You have the right to a “Core Evaluation” to determine if there are any Occupation Therapy, Physical Therapy or Developmental needs that can be addressed at the pre-school level. (if you need help with this, let me know & I’d be happy to help)

The sooner you address your concerns, the better off your child will be!

Lisa