Spina Bifida Member Introductions

I am a 45 year old woman living with spina bifida and I would like to meet other people who have the same condition to chat with and to become friends with. I would like to learn more about how I can take better care of myself physically and emotionally.

Hi my daughter (age 9) has spina bifida and I was wanting to hear from other parents and care givers of children with spina bifida. Our daughter was diagnosed when she was 7 years old since then she has had her spinal cord detethered and we have discovered she has several other conditions. Just looking for people with similar conditions to talk with.

I was born with spina bifida 27 years ago. I want to talk with people who have the same condition. I would like to connect with people around my age. I am trying to deal with problems that involve my disability and cope.

Hi everybody! I am a 42 year old male from Shreveport, Louisiana interested in others with spina bifida. At an early age I was told that I had been the first child born with spina bifida in Louisiana who lived past two years old. I was chosen as the local (Shreveport/Bossier City, LA) area March of Dimes first Poster Child in 1970. I have been very fortunate. I use crutches and leg braces, drive myself everywhere, snow ski and get involved in just about anything else I can think of. Let’s chat!

My name is Jen. My sister is about to give birth to a baby boy that was diagnosed with spina bifida.

Hi. My name is Becky Sundby and my son Camron was born with Spinal Bifida. He is only 2 years old and has gone through so much already and its not getting any easier. I am a single mom and Camron is my only son. Camron has the most serious type of Spinal Bifida so more challenges and health problems lye ahead of us. I live in Albany, Minnesota and am looking for any kind of support or anyone who can talk to me about what is in the future for my son.

i hope to her more about it

Recently my unborn baby girl was diagnosed with Spina Bifida. I am interested in connecting with those who have experienced some of the things I will be facing over the next several years. More importantly I am looking to understand and get to know more about a child with a defect effecting the L2-S2 region.

There are many people out there with questions and concerns that are far more imprortant than mine, however, I am looking for some support not only for myself and family, but also looking to reach out to others in need of comfort!

Thanks!

my bofriend was born with spinafida he won’t talk to me bout this condition i’d like to understand spinabida so i can learn to understand and except who he is

Hello , My name is Rose, I am a parent of one wonderful bright nine year old girl. This past week we were told that our daughter has Spinal Dysraphism S1-S2 and Scoliosis from T9-L3s. I am wanting to learn more about BS and how it effects your daily living, actives etc.

Thanks

i have spina bifida myself

I was born with SB 34 years ago. I have been fairly healthy. I want to find others like me to make some friends and to share with them the details about a great work at home opportunity that has changed my life for the better. I want to learn how other adults like me cope with financial worries and worries about the future.

I was born with Spina Bifida in 1969 and was never told to much about it. I always thought that since I had the corrective surgery as a baby it was over with. Now I am finding out differently due to several deformites in my spine due to the spina bifida

Hi my name is Mickey and I have Spina Bifida and I just want to meet people who have SB

I have Spina Bifida Acculta and would really like to help out with the SBAA.

i am a 29 yr old male with spina bifida interested in meeting anyone with spina bifida in the georgia area

I am 30 years old and was born with Spina Bifida. I am just recently married and we are trying to conceive and I am hoping to connect with others who are in my situation.

Hello, I am the proud mother of a 3 year old dughter with spina bifida.

hi,
i’m new here and wanted to say hello. i’ve had mild spina bifida and many other back problems that go along with it since i was very young. i’d love to meet others with this condition for correspondence.

Hi Shyanne,

How are you? My daughter is 8 mos and was born with Spina Bifida. How old are you? I would be interested in leaning more about how you have dealt with things first hand having SB. Olivia, my daughter, has hydrocephulis as well as Chari II malformation. Her lesion is in the L2-S2 region.