Spina Bifida Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Spina Bifida. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

My name is Holly Cunningham and Iam an adult with Spina Bifida

im a 27 year old women with spina bifida and love talking to others like me?

Hello all, i’m 28 years old from italy, with spina bifida in wheelchair.

I am mom to a 19month old girl with SB. She has had many complications due to the chiari II malformation and has had 2 decompressions. She has hydro/vpshunt, a large syrinx, central sleep apnea and has a trach, gtube, and when she sleeps she is on a vent. Other than that she is a happy and very talkative little girl.

It has been hard to find other people with SB that have the degree of complications my daughter has. I have found only a few online but would love to get in touch with others of any age who have needed a trach/vent and have central sleep apnea.

Have a nice day,
Theresa

Why you are interested in this condition? I was born with this disability.

What you want to learn more about? Anything I can about being female and having the disability

Who you want to connect with? Females with the same disability

My daughter has Spina Bifida, level S1-S3. She also has a tethered spinal cord. I was a member of the Yahoo Group before Laura had to close it out. My username on there was blondksbaby, but I also got locked out of all my account!

Hi. I’m Here because i was invited to join and i would like to meet people with the same condition as me. i was born with Spina Bifida. Luckily I’m able to walk but with a limp.

I myself have spina bifida. I am a 53year old married female. I would like to connect with more people with this condition and to make friends.

My daughter was born with myelomeningocele, club feet, agenesis of the corpus callosum, Arnold Chiari II malformation, etc.

Hey everyone Im sarah and I have spinabifida and i would like to hear others expreinces with it.
sarah

My name is Angela Herring and on Feb. 16th 2007 i gave birth to a beautiful baby boy with spina bifida. I am interested in meeting other parents with children with spin bifida.

Laura Ferguson is the founder of a spina bifida support group that she is shutting down. She’s asked all members of that group to join her here so that’s what I’m doing. I was born with SB so that makes me interested in it LOL! And I want to connect with others that live with it. Thanks~Angie~

My son has spina bifida. I want to connect with other parents of children with spina bifida.

I am a surviving SB baby, and would love to tell my story.
I nw 38 I have 9 children, been married 20 years Very intelligent hard worker. love god and I have a story that woud jnspirer even those that do not beleive in miricles to truly beleive. I know now what my purpose in this life is nd that is to help others that are going through this.
thank you Donna

My daughter is 4 years old and was born with SB. She uses a wheelchair but is learning to walk with RGO and a walker

Hi my name is Brenda and my son has SB.

I sustained a back injury which left me unable to walk without braces, or control my personal functions. Very embarassing.

I have a 12 year old son with Spina Bifida and would like to learn, meet and possibly help others with SB.

Hey My name is CJ I Was just on myspace and saw the Advertisement for this and thought I would check it out since I have Spina Bifida