Still finding myself at times wanting to hit the bottle

Lately i have been going through alot of stress. For a while i was fine and stress was a very little thng in my life. But these past few months have been really stressful. I moved to a new state with no support system. I found out i have CD. It has been hard. I found my self craving what i used to use as a way to cope. I know it is an everyday battle but i feel myself a little week and vulnerable. I deff don’t want to fall into the addiction of alcohol and drugs again. Addiction is a powerful, strong and sometimes deadly disease. Please if anyone has some words of wisdom or encouragement please feel free to tell me.
~ashley~

astaney115, these are the times That addiction lookes forward to! when ew are weak and vulnerable.When we are doing good and life just seems to be going along uor desease is out there doing push-ups.
Get plugged into your new comunity and do push-ups yourself build that support system.
meetings, meetings and then more meetings. get some phone numbers.
I alwase have to rimind myself how hard it was to get soder and clean And how that felt. it was hard and i don’t ever want to feel that way again, Ever!!!
You will be in my prayers tonight. Don’t give up! you tell that bottle and those drugs to go right straight back to hell where they came from and stay there! I wish you all the best.

dave~

Ashley, There is good news but it is going to take some hard work.I have to make a point hera and i am not bragging or anything of the sort when i say this. I Have been clean and sober for 5 days short of four years and i no longer have any bit of a desire to drink alcohol of do drugs. The reason I went to a meeting on december 23rd 2003 and asked for help. The rest is footwork. I got a sponsor on day3 and we got busy he told me what i was going to do when i was going to do it and for how long. This wasn’t easy but above anything else I never wanted to feel the way I was feeling ever again.
It says that we can recover from a holess state of mind and body in the big book. the first sentence in how it works reads, " rarley have we seen a person fail who has thouroly followed our path.the second and I think the most important is those who do not recover are people who cannot or will not COMPLEATLY give themselves to this simple program. I Live by those words today. The 12 steps are desighned to free us of the wreckage of our pasts.
Then there are the promises.
We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness. We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on.We will comprehend the word "serenity’ and we will know peace. No matter how far down the scale we have gone we will see how are experience can benifit others. we will loose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows. self-seeking will slip away. Our attitude and outlook on life will change our fear of economic insecurity will leave us. Are these extravagent problems? we think not! they will alwase materialize, sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. If we work for them. so work for them! your worth it!

Dave~