Striving for the holiday spirit while suffering with pain

First I wish one and all the happiest of Holidays and a wonderful New Year. Hopefully the New Year will bring progress in treatment for all of us who suffer through RSD… bravely I might add.

It is the day before Christmas Eve and I am supposed to go with Greg and my two kids to the in-laws tomarrow for a gathering. Though they live within 15 mins. the short drive takes it’s toll on me. I went over on a practice run and even though I took an extra pain pill when I got there, first I was noticibly in pain and began to moan from the stabbing pain. Then the tears started rolling down my face and within an hour Greg had to bring me home.

I am nervous that I will be a bummer for those family members I haven’'t seen in a while, especially the younger ones. Is it selfish to bring my suffering(which at times I can’t predict or control) to the party? Is it selfish to isolate myself from the ones I love for appearance sake?

I cherish the opinions of my friends at CarePlace with RSD that can understand exactly what I am going through. Please feel free to be candid and I will take it all into consideration

God Bless and Happy Holidays