Suicide

Does anyone else have such fragile emotions…18th april i went 35 and tried to kill my self with wrist slash and pills. Im here so it didnt work thankfully. Thats how rediculously i reacted to bad arguement with my fella??? We have since called off wedding which was due next may. We not getting mortgage together now either. Probably the beginning of the end. Im mad, :frowning:

I’m so glad you are still here. When I was younger, I would react the same way. Fortunatley now I’m not so impulsive, and I am on a mood stablizer that helps immensely.

All I can say is that I’ve survived the roller coasters, and now have four lovely children (one who is bipolar) Life is not easy, but every five minutes you have a chance to start over. When the pain of life is so intense, it seems checking out is the most bearable. But try to replace thoughts of ending your life with thoughts of just being able to put one foot in front of the other and allow yourself to creep along. And if you are under professional care, please tell them what you did! You may need a stronger mood stabilizer.

Thank God you’re okay. From the perspective of age, one day you will look back and realize that your circumstance should not cause your life to be over. It was just one horrible life bump. My husband left me when my daughter was only two, and yes it still hurts, but it’s far from monumental in my life now. Now I have a beautiful family and two gorgeous grandchildren. I’m SO happy i can tell you about them! Post me anytime.

Thank God you’re okay. From the perspective of age, one day you will look back and realize that your circumstance should not cause your life to be over. It was just one horrible life bump. My husband left me when my daughter was only two, and yes it still hurts, but it’s far from monumental in my life now. Now I have a beautiful family and two gorgeous grandchildren. I’m SO happy i can tell you about them! Post me anytime.

Be kind to yourself right now. You will get through this. Breakups are so incredibly painful no doubt but one day the pain will subside ( I know everyone says that, but it really is true). I am so glad that you are OK, at least physically. Please know that I am here if you need someone to talk to. Don’t let yourself feel alone,ask for support when you need it. Take care.

shah, you are so beautiful and young! Trust me, you will get thru this and will need help from your pdoc to get on the right med cocktail! I’m on Lamictal, Prozac & Trazodone for BPII and insomnia. I also take Xanax as needed for anxiety. I feel so much better - since December - when my doc adjusted my meds. It made a world of difference. I was feeling the same way you were, but I didn’t try it. I got with my doc before going that low.

We need to chat. I’m going out of town for a couple of days to see my brother who is in ICU, but I’ll be back soon. I’ll check in…take care and hang in there, girl! BIG HUG, Tonya

Take one day at a time,step by step,i have had the same feelings over the past few days.Fortunatly my kids keep me going,phoning your psychiatrist or Dr shoud also be a must,if not them perhaps a friend?
Please keep posting there are people who understand.
Take Care you are in my prayers.

Finn.

It probably doesn’t help to know that others have been where you are. I have been where you are. I have been married to a man for 7 years now and he was the love of my life back when it all started. He had an affair 4 years ago and blamed it all on me and wanted me to “shut up and play wife”. I spiraled into something deeply scary and attempted suicide but thankfully I didn’t succeed. That was attempt number one, since being with him I have tried a few more times, but not with any sucess

Right now you are in a scary place. Being bi polar is scary, being adrift in relationship limbo is scary and to top it off you have all these emotions coming at you from all angles and you can’t even begin to make sense of it. I bet you are alternating from mad, to sad, to lost.

Please see a doctor. At best they can prescribe something to help you even out tempermentally and from there you can begin to sort through some of the other emotions you are feeling.

I am not going to spout poetry about how life is worth living, because it obviously doesn’t feel that way now and without help it might not for a long time. A person can’t just snap their fingers or say today I will be fine and then suddenly be fine. It just doesn’t work that way. All I can offer you is a shoulder, a heart that cares and a chance to vent and rage. If you need me I am here-

Be strong…

Just wanted to thank everyone for their advise and concern. Its good stuff and goes very far to help me feel better abt life. Ive seen my psych and got seroqual meds… knocking me abt a bit but they really have stopped bad thoughts effectively. Ill cope. Thanks again to all. shah xx

Just quick txt to say hope ya feelin better and everything sorts out take it easy :slight_smile:

Shah, sorry for the late reply as I only have just got my computer back on-line as I too just 1 week ago did something really stupid and ended up in heart ward of hospital and then 3 days later transferred to psych hos. So yes, I do understand, the reason I took too many pills is all a bit confusing but one of them I know is really stupid but I got dropped from my hockey team to a lower grade and that really upset me. Also I was not coping with my rollercoaster that I was on, up one minute, down the next and it all got too much and I just lost control. Don’t ever feel you have to apologise for doing something like that, although I think I spent days on the phone apologising to my sister, my mother and my partner. This is the first time I have done this in years, and the first time I have put my new partner through it, he was furious, but I was only lucky that a friend of mine whose partner has a “multiple personality disorder” talked him through it and in the end he was just wonderful, very supportive and understanding… Hold on tight to your life, it’s precious and soon something will remind you of that. I’m glad it didn’t work for me, and I’m also glad it didn’t work for you, and I am sure there are plenty of people out there who have done the same thing and are happy that they are alive. As I always say, go and look in the mirror and smile at yourself… cheers, Kaza

glad to hear you ok and dont suffer on your own out there and thanks for the hugs - fizzyx

yes. I hope everyone is hanging in there too.

I’d also like to apologize for such a late reply, but I just got back on myself; and wanted to say I’m glad you are still here too. I also have attempted suicide three times; once I brought myself back;(13), the next time I took pills, and my foster dad was called; and the third time was when I was diagnosed with being bipolar. So yes I understand the rollercoaster ride. I was on one yesterday; and it really done me in. I was manic the day before; then yesterday I crashed! Physically I was wore out! I had been taking a computer class with a client (I’m a Job Developer), and it was too much strain for my bipolar; (and age, lol, 60), so yesterday, I plumeted to the bottom. Got angry at work mates, over reacted!, didn’t take my pills that morning; I think if I hadn’t of went that route of suicide, I would of tried last night. I hated myself for overacting, and bringing others down with me! Taking it out on the innocent! Now AGAIN I have to apologize! I guess eating “humble pie” is good for the soul! But, hon, hang in there! You are so far down at the bottom now, that now the only way to go is “UP”. We who are bipolars I have a saying for :" Those who deserve to be loved the least, needs it the most!" and esp. ourselves!

Hi. Thanks for your message. Things have become quite hectic and I may not be able to read my mail as often as I’d like. I hope to be back soon.

Chuck