Sunday reflection

Ladies and gentlemen - I want to share something that happened within my family because I think it drives home the point that we HAVE to get our lives in order and be happy:

We (meaning everyone in general) really should take stock of our lives periodically…it’s too short. I have been reminded again how important our quest is and how we have to get there as quickly as possible - BUT, enjoy the journey to it’s fullest…my younger son spends weekends at various drag strips (this summer helping friends - last year, he ran rail cars). Yesterday one of his good friends was in a racing trailer when it blew up - Brandon was the one who pulled him out, put him out (on fire) and laid on the ground beside him until the medivac helicopter came - his hair was burned off, his face peeling off. To see my 22 year old, 6’4" son in tears shakes me to my core. Twenty year olds think that they are still “bulletproof” - we know that we are not! We need to achieve the lives were meant for and deserve.

love to all - angie

in addition:

A good friend of mine is fighting a return of her breast cancer - it’s in her liver and bones - 8 year remission - she’s so sick that she’s ready to give up. As I face my “lump issue”, it’s another reminder.

Again - I did not point these things out to depress everyone, but to IMPRESS on everyone the importance of our short time on earth…

Totally agree Angiezee… totally agree…

I’m going through a difficult time myself. I hired a contractor to work on my house. He asked for a deposit, didn’t show up for the job and I haven’t heard from him since. I keep trying to call and his phone is turned off. In light of what my Ex did with the house it’s hard for me to believe that this is happening again! I can’t believe how dumb I am or how incredibly horrible people can be. Perhaps it’s a little bit of both. It’s just at this point I don’t know where to turn. Money is too tight to mention and November will make a year since I’ve owned my home. I know this is a learning experience and there’s nobody I can go to for help. I’m the first person in my circle of friends and family to own a home. I’ve never walked this path and nobody I know has either. So all I can do is keep moving forward making mistakes as I go. Failure is not an option.

This has been one of the hardest years of my life. I try to remember that I have my health and I sitll have my house. I’ve made some mistakes I’ve learned some lessons and things have got to getter better from here.

DoubleDee, I am sorry!!!

Angiezee, Thank you, how true!!!

Thanks Hope! I told the contractor off on sunday and got my money back. So things are looking up. I got lucky!

Telling off is sometimes a good thing I have learned…Not putting UP with the abuse, but
be able to be nice to those who are nice back to you…