Survival rate

My husband was diagnosed with MFH last year and has been undergoing chemo for 8 months. The majority of his tumors have shrunk but two of them are still growing slightly. We were told that chemo only works in 15% of patients so we know that we have had a miracle already. We have been told that its incurable but treatable. Has anyone else experienced MFH and can give me some idea of their experiences with it.

I have had recurrent MFH in the same place on my upper back and had it resected and finally 6 weeks of IMRT radiation. This MFH involved muscle tissue with no lymph node involvement. Last week I had a MRI and it came back normal with some muscle atrophy due to the resection. I was told the chemo would not work for my MFH, so I suspect the form you indicated is a metastic form of MFH.
Once I heard I had MFH I changed my diet (I am 58 years old) to raw foods (absolutely NO processed food and refined sugars in my diet) and have started a rigorous exercise routine. My doctor said that he noticed the improvement after 2 months of this change. I don’t think this made a difference in the immediate outcome, but I sure notice the difference in my attitude, and that I haven’t had one day of sickness since then and my healing has been quicker.
I know this route in not easy for most folks. But I am convinced that I feel healthier than I have felt in 20 years despite the cancer.
In fact, I now welcome the cancer as a health opportunity warning me and giving me a change to change myself.

I am a 21 years-survivor of MFH – the “survival rate” goes up every year you have survived. In 1991, I had a 30% chance of survival. The cancer did not recur for 6 years – just before its recurrence, they assessed my survival rate to be 70%. My cancer recurred in 1997, then I went 7 years NID. Since then (2004), I have had numerous recurrences. We have managed the cancer with surgeries and chemotherapies. The conventional chemotherapies (I was told) had a 30% chance of success, but, it is different for every patient, depending on other circumstances.

SO SHOULD I CHANGE MY DIET WILL THAT HELP?