Swollen ankles and feet

Do you all have swollen ankles and feet? Mine are so bad none of my shoes will go on. I am wearing a rubber sandel that has an adjustable top. One foot swells more. My feet have hurt all my life I wonder if that is DD? I always wore a size 7 shoe…now I have to get size 9 extra wide to acccomodate the swelling. They get worse as the day goes on and by bedtime they are so swollen my ankle won’t bend to walk. The foot doctor said I have too many things wrong with my feet they can’t treat anything as I am bad diabetic. He is sending me to an ankle surgeon but he probably won’t do anything. He gave me an RX for the machine you use to squeeze the water out but he said the insurance might not cover it as I do not have ulcers on my feet yet! Hugs to All

Yes I have swollen ankles and feet. I also had pain which the Dr thought was because I am supposed to be a diabetic but never had a fasting test. Last one I had was 10 years ago and it was normal. I had my feet and ankles swell so bad I took pictures of them.This last time I had what looked like a hole in my foot a midst the swelling. I sent the pics to Dr H and asked her opinion…

I took her email, the pics and all her recommendations to my Dr but he dismissed the swelling…I went Friday to get my medicines and left him another info packet. The last visit on Monday we prayed together because I would not let him inject cortisone into my joints. I need some opinions on this though. I dont know whether or not to have the cortisone.He tells me it wont go into my body just the joint but he gave me one in my right hip and now there is a long chain of lumps that go down into my knee.

Don’t do it! I had another bad reaction and will never let them inject it again.

I agree with Sylvia! Don’t use steroids unless your LIFE depends on it! They make DD worse.

Pamela

Oh yes, I battle swollen feet and ankles every day! I am not diabetic, but I am insulin resistant and on Metformin for that. I also buy size 9 and 10 wides. I used to wear a 7 and a half.

Pamela

I too have swollen feet and ankles, recently its been more of a problem due to a change in blood pressure medication. I really had no problems before that, my ankles where the only thin part I had left on my body, well not anymore. My ankles got so big so fast they were extremely painful. Thankfully after a few weeks I changed medications and the swelling has gone down.
I have lumps in my ankles and feet but right now they are small. Sometimes painful other times I can’t feel them. Depends on how damp the weather is, they bother me mostly in the winter time.

I used to wear a size 5.5 to 6. If I get a shoe wide enough I wear a 6.5 to 7 to 7.5 depending on the shoes. I have even gone as high as a 8. Its imossible to order shoes without trying them on first, I never know whether they will fit.

Hi

We have had beautiful summer days, but now the rain is back and I am back…

Yes, feet and knees. Typical DD . I cannot put my feet on the floor in the morning. I have got help to shower feets with cold and warm water. Lift up legs high when ever I can. I use walking reebok shoes, which take away the worst impact. I have special “inlegs” done for me and my feet inside the shoes so that I’ll walk right.
I use also Voltaren gel, when the feet hurts a lot. I have also special “socks” without heal, which hinder me to wreck my feet and help also that the cannot swell up so much. Cortisone will not help in the swelling it only helps if there is inflammation in muscles or joints. Cortisone injections can hurt many weeks before they began to help so it is a thing to think about…

Arieldiva

The reason for Cortisone is arthritis in knees and hips causing joints to “give out”. I am not convinced it stays only in the joint and doesn’t go into the body…I don’t know whats happening to me today but I am really , really in pain today…Maybe a flare up…Anyone have pain in their arms to where it almost feels like a cramp?? I haven never had this before and it hurts deep down…

My arms hurt so bad I just want to chop them off somedays. This past week its been worse than its been in a long time. The pain is really deep in the muscle, from my shoulders down to my hands. I can’t rub it out or medicate it enough to make go completely go away. I use a homeopathic cream, made from emu oil, white willow, aloe and other ingrediants I can’t remember at the moment, Its not really warm or cool, but soothing. It smells like a Margarita, its “Healthy Skin” Comfort Formula, it has been about the only thing that seems to calm the flares down a bit. I also have used BIO FREEZE , its ok but I like the Healthy Skin better.

I of course take my regular meds, Tramadol, Zanaflex, Cympbalta, and Voltaren at night. I didn’t know that they made a gel formula I will need to ask my doc If she can get me some maybe that would help too.

I noticed that if I don’t type or use my hands everyday, my hands and elbows and arms in general hurt more. So I make a point of typing something to keep them moving all the time. Not a problem because I am on the computer most of the time anyway.

I ran out of my Lasix for a couple of day, I swelled up like a giant water balloon. I didn’t realize how much it helped until I ran out. I started getting fluid in my chest my ears felt plugged up, Once I had a chance to have it refilled I got back on it and omg what a difference.

B

Yes Elaine,

My arms often have that deep ache. It reminds me of a terrible toothache, only in my arms from shoulder to fingertips. It usually doesn’t last more than a day or so, but ti happens pretty frequently, especially when I’m trying to go to sleep at night. Supporting my arms with pillows helps somewhat.

Hugs and spoons,

Pamela

As far as I know, the DD and arthritis are the only medical problems I have and I have the problems with swelling too. I wear Nike Shox. They have little shock absorbers on them. If you get a size larger than you usually wear it will accomodate the swelling. They can be pricey so watch for sales but my husband says they’re as cheap as a doctors visit. We tend to want to wear sandles because they are comfortable, especially in this summer heat but they are not good for your feet. Prop them up ABOVE THE LEVEL OF YOUR HEART for 15-20 minutes a few times a day. Good luck.

lmoon I filed for disability and with DD and arthritis listed as the cause
and I was turned down.Now we have to go to court while I get worse. I suggest
you get an attorney (in case you get turned down) right after you file…