Symptoms of anxiety/or meds

Hi.

My anxiety level had been fairly low until about a week ago. I started to feel panic a couple days ago and then it all started again. I’ve been reading online that meds are not good for long term use but are good while learning to deal with your problems. I’m starting to feel the physical symptoms again which drive my to feel like I’m going crazy!! Right now I’m feeling very dizzy and can’t concentrate well. I am currently taking 50mg Sertraline (generic Zoloft) and have been for about 9 months now. I also tend to feel depressed and just not happy in general. My feelings and emotions are confusing me and to be honest I have a lot going on in my life right now. I have a minor surgical procedure tomorrow to remove moderate pre-cancerous cells from my cervix, my husband has been working long hours at work and hardly spending time with my family, I am a supervisor at work and under stress hiring employees and the list goes on.

I’m wondering if the meds are causing my dizziness. Has anyone felt this way and did it get better?? Are you still taking meds and/or have you tried any herbal meds to maintain a low stress and anxiety level?? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

renee

Are you taking anything to help you sleep? I finally got help in addition
to Zoloft, “Ativan”…which has helped.
My guess is that the dizziness has to do with the stress…but you
shouldn’t rule out the Zoloft.
Crazy isn’t it. I had major panic attacks two years ago…they
dissipated…and now with the death of my Father…I am having symptoms again.
Sounds like your come and go as well.
Never give up!

************************************** See what’s new at http://www.aol.com

When your panic dissipated, do you remember what was it that helped? Was it the meds? Therapy? I do go to therapy every other week and it does wonders for me. Do you ever feel like you have anxiety because of the anxiety…if that makes any sense? I have a fear of being alone because I don’t want to have a panic attack and no one be around to “help” me.

Thanks for the response.
renee

Gus anxiety-cpt6143@lists.careplace.com wrote:

Here are the things that have helped me a GREAT deal since my first round of
bad panic attacks:

1. SSRI’s (Zoloft)
  2. Ativan or Lorazapam for sleep
  3. Education re: panic attacks and General Anxiety Disorder
    *I knew nothing…thought I was dying…and still have ER bills to prove it!
    Knowledge has brought peace of mind.
  4. Renewed faith in God realizing that I should not attempt to control
    things that I am not meant to control or manipulate…allowing God to work in
    these areas…and trusting.
  5. Charles Stanley sermons
  6. The serenity prayer
  7. Prayer

I was actually able to get off of the meds…it was my choice and perhaps
not a good one as once heavy stress came into my life again witnessing a very
long and awful struggle against pain and finally death with my dad, I had all
the symptoms over again this time, however, avoiding the ER’s, getting back
into medication and having a working knowledge of what was going on.

My doc is trying a different SSRI this time and I am into the second
week…“Lexapro”

I think you may benefit from “re-framing” what stresses you out…at work
let’s say. "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot
change…and courage to change the things I can…and the wisdom to know the
difference."
Take this to your next therapy session and really tear this apart and apply
it to the different areas of your work life that apply.

************************************** See what’s new at http://www.aol.com

Thank you Gus.

I guess the hard part of leaving it all up to God is because when I was younger my parents were very religious and we had to live by the bible with every step we took. Religion was drilled into my head as I could not associate with people from school, or the community unless they were part of my religion. I was disfellowshiped when I was 15 because I told my parents and the elders of our church that I did not want to be part of their religion anymore.

Since then I have not been active in any religion as I feel I am being punished by God for leaving home when I was 15. I was very alone growing up 1) because I was the youngest child and my siblings are much older than me 2) because I could not have any worldly association and their were no people my age in our church. I grew up with adults. I know this had a lot to do with my anxiety issues nowadays. I feel emotionally alone because no one knows what I went through.

I’m going to work on this though. I need peace in my life and mind for sure!

Gus anxiety-cpt6143@lists.careplace.com wrote:

Hi, don’t mean to interrupt but are you seeing a psychiatrist? I found that once I saw a Psychiatrist the meds got straightened out quicker and easier. My reg Dr. said he felt a psych. Dr would better be able to diagnose and prescribe. Hope things work out. I am house bound with fear. So I do understand. Hugs 2 U both

I’m in the process of looking for one. I have an appt at the end of this month. We’ll see how it goes.

TM2TRIVER anxiety-cpt6143@lists.careplace.com wrote: