Taking care of my bipolar Daughter

My mother has alzheimers and is driving me nuts cause my daughter is bipolar and everyday she says why isn’t she in school, I know that she is pulling the wool over your eyes. I am so disgusted right now that she cannot remember the discussions that we have had.

My daughter is on two meds and cannot get up till at least 11 or 12 in the afternoon, trust me when I say that I have tried and even pulled her out of bed to go to school and I just cannot get her up. Does anyone else have this problem? Because I know that she would not lie to me about not being able to get up in time for school.

I’m sorry to hear you’re going through the nasties of alzheimer’s disorcer with your mother. I’m going through it with my grandmother, and it is frustrating at times. I just keep reminding myself to NOT take it personal.

As for your daughter, have you talked to her doctor about her medications and problems of not being able to wake up? That’s a good start.

My son (who has bipolar) can’t get up either. We are investigating now whether he has a sleep disorder or an immune disease or what. The pdoc was hoping that adding an anti=depressant to his meds would help, and although it did lift his spirits some, he still has major sleep issues. But i know that he CAN’T get up. He also sleeps for long periods of time, too. Good luck!!