Tattoo Over BN

Hi everyone,

It’s been a long time since I tattooed over my BN, so I think you will find my experience useful. Everything is going great. My BN is 80-85% covered after almost 2 years since the day I made the tattoo. It’s normal for any tattoo after a few years to start fading. I didn’t fully covered the BN from the beginning, because I chose a specific design that I loved and that draw wasn’t enough to cover the BN 100%. It was 95% when I got it made and now is 80-85% (depends on how strong is the light. e.g indoors using a bulb 100Watt is 95% covered, on the other hand during day light, outdoors is 70-80% covered)… I will manage to do some more stuff on my tattoo in addition not to worry about this any more.

If you have any questions please post,

Take care
Aris

Hey Aris, Im getting a tattoo over mine as it covers my left shoulder blade and left deltoid.

Great to hear that it's going well.

Is there any chance you are able to send me a before and after shot?

john.gyftakis@gmail.com

I’m also interested in a before/after, or if you dont have a “before” just a “after”-picture :wink:

How did you convince the Tattooer to make a Tattoo over the nevus? As far as I heard Tattooer refuse to do it over moles/nevus

Indeed, sometimes they refuse to do a tattoo over moles and birthmarks. In the begining I was told to do a test spot, but it would take very long time to see how it really goes. So, I wend to a dermatologist and ask him if it was OK to tattoo over my BN. He told me that he would not recommend it but he doesn’t think that anything bad can happen.The same thing I told to the tattoo artist… and thats how I made him do it.

thanks for your answer, I’m sure that in my country all the dermatologists would tell me to not do it (just to be on the safe side. However I will take the small risk.

What Colour do you recommend?

You said that after 2 years the tattoo began to faid. So you went a again to a tattoo artist to fix it?

I would recommend you to go and see a doctor. Even if he advise you not to do it you can tell him that you are going to do it anyway, what kind of risks are you taking? If he does not have a clear answer you can understand that he is just staying in the safe side.

I would recommend dark colours but the most important thing in my opinion is to find/create a design that includes and covers the borders of the BN so it will be no visible contrast between normal skin and BN. It depends on the size and the shade of the coulour of your BN.

In fact, from my experience I found out that the tattoo evolves through years. It’s a normal procedure for the tattoo ink to fade through time. The speed of that “fading” depends from the depth of the injection, the quality and the colour of the ink. The best quality ink, the deepest and darkest the better.

In my case, we had an issue with my BN skin because it’s a little more rough than the normal skin. As a result the needles didn’t reach the same depth. In the beginning it wasn’t visible but after a couple of years the ink on the BN was a little soft shaded than the rest of the tattoo. The obvious and only solution was to go again and persist a little more on those parts, which worked well. Maybe after a few years I will go again and renew it one more time.

Well, I’ve already seen a doctor about it :wink: He said he wouldn’t recommend it. I’ve read other statements on the internet from doctors in America or other states who said that they actually also wouldn’t recoomend it but that it’s actually not a big deal because the becker nevus is not dangerous.

Well I think renew the Tattoo every ~3-4 years is a worth thing :slight_smile: My BN is actually as soft as my other skin, so there shouldnt be a big problem.

“design that includes and covers the borders of the BN” <-- in other words, just choose a design that is bigger than the BN? :slight_smile:

so:
1. dark colours
2. over the boarders (bigger than the actual BN)

so I’m going to start looking for a tattoo artist who is willing to do it.