The Lioness

Several years ago in a Daily Bible Study I read each day there was the story about … “The Lioness”. I’ve tried to find it on the internet and haven’t been able to, but it had an impact on me and I would like to retell the story as best I can from memory.

Two women were talking one day and the subject of LIONS came up … the first woman said to the second woman … “which of the adult lions do you think does most of the hunting?”

The second woman though for a few seconds and said “I think it’s the male … he’s the king of beasts and I bet it’s him that does the hunting.” The first woman replied “that’s what most people would think, but it’s actually the female (Lioness). She does most of the hunting and provides for her family. The male stays behind and guards the cubs/young.”

The first woman then asked, “which of the adult lions do you think eats first?” The second woman though again and replied, “I bet it’s the male. He’s the king of beasts, guards and protects his family … I bet he eats first to stay strong.” The first woman replied, “that too is what most people would assume, but it’s actually The Lioness who eats first … she hunts and provides for her family and eats first (many times before bringing the food back to the lion and cubs) for if she doesn’t stay strong, she wouldn’t be able to provide and nuture her family and they could well perish.”

The moral of this story (as applied to our own lives) is that we need to take care of ourselves and stay strong … or we won’t be any good to those we are caring for. It’s not selfish at all, and in fact it’s an ABSOLUTE NECESSITY!!!

Just wanted to share,
Diane

Thanks for that Diane, I need to hear that sometimes… as I feel guilty
when I take time for myself. I have a problem with putting other people or
things in front of what I should be doing !!! Love taking care of Hubby
though

Have a great day!!

Judy
----- Original Message -----
From: “sunflower1948” pancreatic-cancer-cpt6673@lists.careplace.com
To: petstylst@bellsouth.net
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2007 8:31 AM