The Road to Acceptance

I had a crushed disc between L4 and L5, and severe stenosis. Three months have passed, and I am trying to adjust to my new pound of titanium, and everything that this package means in my life, and that of my husband. My husband and I both carry some “shrapnel” as a result of the diffcuties that we encountered adjusting to the diagnosis together with the addition of a life changing health event. We have some commnication issues on top of this life change. My husband is not a very patient person, and has a severe temper. I need help dealing with the pain (mine) and his pain which unfortunately is masked in anger alot. His impatience and anger keeps me from getting to him, and I resent his behavior…feeling that I shouldn’t have to deal with that kind of thing during this time that is so difficult physically…and all the ramifications. Some how we have made it thru the wormhole, and now need to move forward. I think that speaks highly of love and determination and probably a good measure of stubborn on both our parts. I may never be able to put my forearms on the floor when I bend at the waist again, but I know I will be as active as I can be; one step at a time. I am determined to be the best me I can be…and to be the best wife I can be. I can’t help but feel that my husband feels cheated somehow. We got married just last year, and his first wife had MS for 10 yrs. He wasn’t ready for “another sick wife” (in his words) I seek the blessing every day of peace and the ability for both of us to see the beauty of what we have, not what we don’t have. I am glad I joined…it already feels good to be here.

hi, I just wanted to talk about this a little myself. For me this has been one of the hardest opsticals Ive ever had to over come!! even now I cant say I have 100 percent , but I can say this! Its very importent to just take in one day at a time.. and never exspect to much! Because only time can heal ..And only time can help one ajust to a chronic illness. We have to be strong! Not only for ourselfs but for our families. my illness had me in tears (From all the pain)for what seemed like yrs, But time has made a differance!Never give up!! There always is hope in tomorrow.... God had a plan for each of us, and I truelly beleave we are the strong ones, thats why we are where we are. And with all are straingth we can do anything! we just have to keep pushing forward.

take care my friends

love onna