Tips for using CPAP?

Hello all, I was just recently diagnozed with Severe Sleep Apnea. They did a sleep study and immediately put me on the machine. It is a full face maske type.

Does anyone have suggestions how I can get used to wearing it(tip and tricks). I have had it for a month and maybe I have worn it three times and never for a full night.

I know it will benefit me but having a hard time adjusting, any thoughts, trick or tips would be greatly appreciated. I am a 52 year old male in AR

Hi. I was diagnosed with severe Sleep Apnea a few years ago, and have gone through several masks…trying to find one I can live with. Although I still have some issues with the one I use now, it is better than all the others I have tried. If you have not done it yet, I think it is very important to let the doctor, and/or whoever set you up with the CPAP machine know that you are having trouble with the mask. As I learned the hard way, it’s just a fact that not every mask fits every person’s face. Just in case you are not aware of it, there is a website called “apap.com” that has a huge selection of masks (and all things cpap), and I really like it because you can read reviews of the various masks from people who have used them. I have found this to be very helpful. What I have learned is that there are so many companies out there that I was not made aware of when I was set up with a system, and therefore many more types of masks, etc. Wishing you luck with this situation, and a good night’s sleep! Sally

ps…I wrote “apap.com”…what I meant was “cpap.com”.