Trazadone

Hello all my friends and maybe a few of you will become a friend as well…Question ? Anyone on trazadone and did it help or hinder, doc is trying it out for awhile, I would like to know what to expect. Thanks and love and hugs to all

Dear Helpless,
I took Trazadone just like Time to Heal For a long time and totally agree it works great for insomnia and anything that works for insomnia helps with depression too. In fact now that I think of it it sure worked better than the Rozarem I am taking now does, I wonder why I switched ? Blessings !!!

Trazadone absolutely helped with my insomnia when I was taking it - as for helping with depression, all I can say is this - anything that helped me get some sleep FINALLY helped with depression to a degree also… good luck, keep on keeping on!

I TAKE 150MG AND IT WORKS. HUGS ~SAMMI~

YES! I take Trazdone and I really like it. I don’t feel wiped out the next day and I SLEEP THRU THE NIGHT. I tried not taking it for 2 nights and was awake every other hour. I had absolutely no side affects whatsoever. Best of luck to you.

My pdoc worked on some of the early trazadone clinical trials. he told me that trazadone worked as an antidepressant, but the dose needed to help was SO HIGH that all the patients wanted to do was sleep.

so, as an sleep aid – A big YES! I take either 25mg or 50mg, depending on how wired I am at bedtime. It works pretty fast, too.

peace.
christine

Two thumbs up for the Traz for sleep!!! I’ve had chronic insomnia for many, many years and have tried just about everything … most recently Ambien and Rozerem … nothing! Those two actually increased my night time mania. :frowning: Traz works best than anything for me and allows me to sleep most every night - all the way through. I was getting 2-4 hours of sleep a night, but now feeling much more rested. It has also helped my depression and have only been using 50mg/night for about a month.

For me 25mg is the max. My doc tried me on 50 (twice), but it made me suicidal. Everyone’s different and I was already taking 200mg of Zoloft…I encourage you to try whatever your doctor suggests and don’t give up until you’re well! Best of luck to you.

I’m on trazadone. 25mg at bedtime. It works wonders for sleeping. My doc started me at 50mg, but I couldn’t get out of bed in the morning. I hadn’t had a full nights sleep in so long, I forgot what 6-7 hours of sleep can do for you!
~Katie