Trimethylaminuria and fecal odor

Hello Peneolpe,

Did U actually go to the University of Colorado? Or did U get tested thru the mail?

Kandyce?

It was through the mail. They sent me instructions and you had to take something (they provided) in juice or water, and I had to collect urine ever time I went to the bathroom eight hours blocks. You will need special kind of containers and Ice.

PB

I used UC and tested positive. I followed the same procedure. The specimens have to be frozen and packed in dry ice.

I understand I have the same problem and everyone thinks it’s in my mind. I just have to go on with life. I haven’t been tested. Can you send all the procedure in order to be tested. Okay now you have took the test and it came back. So where you go from there.

Can you do both test blood and urine, did anyone offer you any suggestions on how to control the odor?

How are you coping with the result?

My family feels the same I dont talk to them about any more.

Hi Big,

How are you? I hope that all is well. I know that these are trying time . Keep your head up.

Take Care,
Brown Sugar

I’m good at the moment but I do have some days in which I lose it. I have been talking to the disability folks and without consent from a doctor that’s not gonna happen. In my case I have medical issues that went wrong and I’m not sure if that is my problem or something else but either way, some days are good and some not so grand but at least I’m alive… I do have to get my records somehow, they are not available on line and even through it has been almost 40 years it was the Dr fault for hooking my bowels and kidneys up incorrectly. What else can I say but try to keep a positive outlook on it but sometimes my vision of this thing is more than I as a person can bear. So, I have to pray for some help to help me cope with it and I found out no matter how bad it looks when I go to bed, it seems to look a little brighter in the morning. Hang in there and God bless

Penelope

Thats good to hear but is sounds to me like you should a lawyer look at your medical history.

Thanks a lot I really do try to you do the same take care Brown Sugar.