Tx depression

i finished tx August 29’08 and it seems to have worked (fingers crossed for SVR) but here’s the deal. my side effects were mild at first but by the time i finished tx i was “stuck” in my house pretty sick, sore, tired, depressed and in a very dark place. the physical sides are slowly clearing up but the darkness remains. during the TX i avoided taking meds for this but now i’ve reached a point where i really need a break even if it’s a chemical one.
you are the people i can turn to besides my doctor. i’m not asking for an RX here just your experiences and advice.
thanks you in advance for any input.

peace
KM

I’m surprized that you were on tx without being put on an anti depressant. I always had mixed feelings about being on them. I didn’t want to have to be on them for the rest of my life , but my mental health doctor told me like this, " These meds are to help you get through a problem. When you find the problem gone then one can be monitored off of them." Why stress yourself out when you don’t need to go there. It’s like me and my cars air condition. Why should I drive around in the summer sweating when I can put the air and and be comfortable…

RL:
thanks so much for your comments and advise. i’ll be talking with my doc soon.

peace
KM

how is the chemo fog KM? I am in such awe of your good health practices that I hate to see you do anything to change that, but your sense of well being and ability to get through each day feeling good about yourself can be at stake. I’ll support you whatever you choose.
Huge Hugs

View:

thanks. i’m actually feeling a bit better for getting some exercise and sunshine.

yes. all the good people from all over the planet giving each other so much on-line support is a helpful, hopeful and a very positive force. the inter-net being used at it’s best.

peace.

KM

Riv:

thanks for your concern kiddo.

i’m still on the fence. it’s strange that i’m so resistant to the AD drugs. a few years ago if you gave me a pill and told me “you’ll feel sooooo much better…” GULP, and i wouldn’t have thought about it.

during the walking, swimming and paddling around i do feel better. all my blood is finally pumping thru the plumbing but after all the activity i still feel the dark weirdness and even though i’m tired from all this activity i can’t sleep very long (4-6hours).

i’v got to get back to work soon, better or not. having a steady income might help with the sleeplessness and head weirdness. the fog makes the simple task of balancing the check book a work out so taking responsibility of a crew of 8 to build, let’s say a full size mechanical whale to submerge in a big water tank might still be beyond me.

i have to start looking though, to put the word out there. things are slow in town with the threat of SAG strike, tight money and many productions going out of state. it’s strange i thought i’d be retired by now. now, no way…

this morning i’m back to the 1st point for day three of my rebirth and to hang with my tribe for a couple hours. then i have a lot to do here at home.

thanks for the hugs.

peace

KM

Time heals all, you are so fresh off tx. it will take time to feel better. I still take the antiD’s and its been 4 years since I did tx. we gotta do what we have to do, one day at a time! at least you cleared! Hang in there. I am on disability and can go stirr crazy trying to find things to do. thank God for the computer so that we can all encourage each each other. I t is really helpful to me anyways. you are not alone. there is another site called daily strength that has alot of Hepc people going thru Tx, you might check it out sometime. it is quite active!

I’m thinking of you KM and sending good vibes and good luck to YOU!

R;
thanks! i feel the vibe…
yes we can!

KM