Types of Heller Myotomies?

As I have been recently diagnosed with Achalasia, I am doing research on the surgical proceedure. As I have been going through all the threads on this website I encountered a description of a laprascopic heller myotomy done through just one insicion–at the belly button. Does this really exist? And can the surgeon do a Dor Funduplication this way? I also have run across descriptions of two laprascopic versions of the myotomy; trans-thoracic with (?) five chest incisions or trans-abdominal with (?) two or three incisions. Can anybody confirm this? And how big are the incisions and where are they placed? Which is better?

Hey all you post Myotomy fellow Achalasians, I need your help and advice!

@Heal_myself

I had a Heller Myotomey on April 2006. My surgeon was fantastic. (Denver, Colorado) Unfortunately he had to retire (medical reasons).

Mine was abdominal with three (maybe four) incisions and also did the Fundulication at same time. Just find a surgeon that other doctors would go to or ask how many of these procedures he’s done. I ask the nurse at the hospital and doctors who they would go to; they reccommended my surgeon. The surgery worked!

Please skip the funduplication and go fot trans-thoracic with 5 incisions. It saved me and the quality of life afterwards is amazing!! Do not wait as you can damage your esophagus. Thanks and goodluck