U of Chicago

Hi! I’m new here and when checking the intro section, saw a post from someone at U of Chicago. RESPOND TO THIS IF YOU HAVE DW OR HAVE A CHILD W/DW! We did, 3 years ago and through it connected to a wonderful neuro-surgeon up there. Don’t be afraid to participate! If you have any questions, I will try to answer.

Hi,
My name is Linda and I have some correspondence with uoc. However, the type of DW I have was not the type that they were researching at the time. I only have my neurologist here in town. I did go to another neurologist and he confirmed the dx. However, I am not so concerned about myself at this time.
My son went into the hospital on 5-4-07 and is still there. he went into renal failure. He was put on dialysis and his kidneys are okay. However, he was having other issues as well. It looks like he is going to get discharged on Friday. I believe they have him stable.
Any how, when I get worse I wil worry about me but until then I have to make sure my children come first. I can manage. The neurologist gave me some shots to help me move around a little better for right now.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me any time as well.
Thanks, Linda