Urticaria Member Introductions

My son was just diagnosed with angioedema and ideopathic urticaria but is still suffering with extensive hives after a week of being on Prednisone, Allegra and Benadryl. His Allergist keeps telling me to wait it out. I’ve given him oatmeal baths and bought five different creams but nothing works. Help!

Hi everyone. I just diagnosed my daughter on my own the other night with Cold Urticaria. She started with symptoms last year and pediatrician didn’t look into it and just suggested it was a reaction to the chlorine in our pool…wrong. Symptoms are worse this year and I was desperate. I’m going to call her tomorrow and have her refer me to a pediatric allergist. She has all the listed symptoms and I feel relieved now knowing what it is and what the dangers are. I would like to connect with others who have children going through the same thing or who themselves have it.

Hello everyone. I have autoimmune related chronic urticaria as well as a few other autoimmune diseases: Graves disease (now hypothyroid from excision) and Vitiligo. I’ve had 2 major flares of the urticaria that caused me to need a medical leave of absence from work till I weaned off the incredibly high doses of Prednisone and other meds I was on. I often search for new research or discoveries in trying to cure or control these conditions and also to compare notes on treatments. I also like to exchange the names of doctors that actually listen to their patients and take the time to do the needed research to help me and others like me.

This is my second bout with chronic hives. The first one lasting 3-4 yrs. Now for about 1 week. I just want more information that may lesson my symptoms and duration ofhe hives

hi there, i work with the careplace team. i think careplace is awesome. i hope it will really help people to share, support eachother and learn. we can all use support and understanding and it is so important for all of us who have experienced difficulties to have a safe and informative forum in which to do so. thanks for visiting - it is really rewarding for all of us to see people reaching out to eachother - it is what careplace is all about.