Urticaria Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Urticaria. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

Life is about health, family and friends, but sometimes its hard to keep focus on what is most important

Founder of the TransGlobal Health Community Center at http://transglobalhealth.com

I live in the northeast and suffer from seasonal depression. I basically hibernate from november until april. Besides moving, I’d really like to talk to people about how they’ve conquered their depression. I’m a really cynical person and depression has got me beat :confused:

Living with it for years

I’m 34 years old. I have been diagnosed with dpu- delayed pressure urticaria and would love to speak with anyone who has the same thing. I was diagnosed approx 8 years ago.

Cheryl

I haven’t been diagnosed with DPU (don’t think my doctor know what that is) but I do have outbreaks after certain pressures.

26 years of chronic idiopathic urticria ( the chronic has subsided) should qualify me for this site.

I haven’t been posting for a number of years. Funny but I’ve been thinking about getting back into it.

Neat that you have contacted me. I’m happy to join your room(s). Thanks for asking me in.

Hi everyone
I am an almost recovered long term anxiety sufferer having undergone a VERY successfull CBT course . If I can help or encourage anyone else towards recovery I certainly will
I dont get lots of time to be online due to my part time business commitments
I have also been an urticaria sufferer along the way and have received valuable help from forums and informal contact
Communication is always an effective part of anyones recovery

My name is Carmen. I have a sixteen year old daughter that developed Urticaria Pigmentosa when she was about 3 months old. It has pretty much cleared up, but she is having other skin problems that might or might not be associated with U.P.

My son at age 12 started to break out in hives while swimming and after some reserch I thought it might be Urticaria. I would like to find out as much as I can.

hi i’m heather and i am looking for any advice on this matter, as far as prevention when i am outdoors. thanks

I have what appears to be hives on my stomach, very top of thighs and between my breasts. I have had them for over a week with no response to topical treatment (hydrocortisone cream, caladryl clear, corn starch powder, solarcaine, etc. etc. etc. I’ve tried anything I can think of). I recently went to the doctor who diagnosed contact dermatitis, saying I’ve all of the sudden become allergic to the laundry detergent I’ve been using for quite some time. I had a steroid shot and put on prednisone, but so far no releif.

For the last couple of months I have experienced itchy red welts that will flare up, and then fade within a day or so, leaving small bruises. I have also experienced various localized swellings, such as my upper lip, part of my face, the top of my forearm, or the back of my hand. I am 53, in good shape physically, and have never experienced anything like this.

This is the second time in my life that I have experienced hives. Last time they lasted for two years. This is causing major depression.

hello I am here to find out more about this because I have hives on my face!!

Hi I’m amie… I was diagnosed of urticaria when I was 5 months old… I am 27 now and still have some attacks everynow and then… I want to meet people whith who can undesrtand my condition and give some advice and hopefully I can share some advices too, as well I want to know advances in treatment of urticaria from this group… Thanks a lot and God bless! :slight_smile:

My husband (not computer savvy) suffers from giant hives and we are trying to figure out the cause. I’d like to pick the brain and compare symptoms with others who have the same ailment.

I have been troubled by urticaria, chronic hives that itch a great deal. My dermatologist has prescribed Sarna cream with or without a steroid additive, hydroxizine (Atarax), and Doxepin. What I have found about Doxepin is that it is mainly an anti-depressant. What does it have to do with urticaria?

I am looking for others who exhibit same symptoms who perhaps can offer some ideas for relief.