Vivid nightmares

do you have night mares where you feel everything in it and it scares you alot. what are some things you do to get rid of it. i scream at it to leave me alone and now i sleep with my lamp on. i scared my husband and dogs so much sunday cause i came out of the room screaming and crying i ended up giving my one dog siezer. this is bad.maybe they should put me away for a while but my husband says we can’t afford it. any suggestions please. (racy) melanie

yes all the time I sleep with my tv on mute I don’t think you need to be put away for it though but maybe talk to somebody about it some time medicine makes you have dreams find out if it is a side effect of what your taking if you are taking any

As vickie says, some meds cause vivid dreams/nightmares. i know my dreams started being very vivid, and sometimes really scarey when i started taking Lamictal, they took a step up in intensity when i started Seroquel.

i once woke from a dream/nightmare all curled in a ball, rocking back and forth, crying as my heart had broken, yelling “it’s not my fauly, it’s not my fault” over and over.

I guess nightmares are just dreams that have horrible wrong, don’t ya think.
talk with your doc, if he sort of brushes it off, ask your pharmacist. sometimes they know more about side effects and med interactions than pdocs.

good luck with this – i know how disturbing it can be.

peace,
c.

Darn it - this happens to me, but my nightmares are actually memories of past traumatic events in my life. It’s AWFUL and makes me sick - there are some days where I can’t shake them off :frowning:

Some medications have made them much worse… not sure if any medications have “helped”.

For me, my opinion of my “nightmares” (memories) is that they are coming to the surface because I stuffed them down forever, and that wasn’t the healthy thing to do, so they are bubbling to the surface now, needing to be dealt with.

I wish I could make those nightmares go away for you Racy.

One thing that will definitely cause extremely vivid nightmares is the patch! This is a “stop smoking” aid that you must remove two hours before bedtime. You’re not using these are you, Racie?

thanks for all these good advise. no steve i don’t wear the patch because i don’t smoke. I just feel that there is evil in there. punky sometimes it is my past but other times there is no dream just feeling like it scares me so much i can’t scream.i will check out my meds and see if they cause that. i sleep with my lamp on and tighten the blanket around me. will see what happens now. thanks again vickie,c,punky and steve hugs to you all (racy)melanie

Checking out the medications and side effects and speaking with your doctor is a very good idea, Racy :slight_smile:

I wish you weren’t dealing with that - I have tried to imagine it, but I can’t, because my nightmares are all memories… what you are experiencing sounds terribly frightening, and I don’t know what advice (other than agreeing with the above) to give you.

I do wish you luck and you’re in my prayers!