Wake up feeling like hyperventilating?

I am a 52 year old female and sleep with a full face mask, at #7 air pressure.

Some times i wake up, feeling kinda blown up, kinda feels like I was hyperventilating maybe to much air, or i was breathing too fast. So i sit up and take deep slow breaths and i start to feel better.As anyone else gone thru this?like to know…

Bajagal

Diane,

Thanks so much for advice. I’ve never heard of that, but it makes good sense. I really appreciate your advice. Keep me posted about your research on the auto-pap.

Kelly

bajagal2000 sleep-apnea-cpt6008@lists.careplace.com wrote:

Oh, my. Yes, I know how it feels to feel like your blown away from the cpap machines. I have a difficult time tolerating the machine as well. There are now auto pap machines that adjust to the pressure and seen somewhat easier to try to tolerate. I can never find a mask to fit me without leaking. I use the nasal air which is kind of like an oxygen tube. Hope it gets better for you! Kelly

Thank You Kelly,for your quick responce.I thought i was the only one being “Blown Up”. But it seems theres others with this problem.Now you said that your mask leaks air right? i have found that if you have oily skin,that can cause the mask to leak,someone told me if you clean the mask well with a mild dish soap and rinse the mask well,then wash your face with a oil removeing soap,just before you go to sleep,might help with the leak problem.Try it out,it might help!Iam going to check out what you said about,the self adjusting c-pap machine.Sounds like that may work for me…Thanks Bajagal (Diane)

I just got my first cpap Thurs. what an experience. I’m so glad I’m still on Trazodone or I would not be tolerating this very well at all.
I have to use the face mask. which that isn’t the problem. the problem is, at first I can setthe air pressure to # 5 then it increases to #10 that wakes me up, feels like my mouth is about to explode, just a weird feeling. and it’s preset so it’s not like I can change the setting on it.
guess others have the same problem??

Have to use the face mask, which that isn’t the problem. the problem is, at first I can set the air pressure to # 5 then it increases to #10 that wakes me up, feels like my mouth is about to explode, just a weird feeling.

I was told to turn the CPAP off and then right back on when that happens, to lower the pressure again.

Yaya

Yes, I do know how you feel. There are other machines (autopap and bipap) out there that adjust to pressure as you need it, so it is not a continuous blast of air always. I’m temporarily using an autopap right now and it is much different than my miserable cpap I’m used to.

stephi sleep-apnea-cpt6008@lists.careplace.com wrote:

In responce to the auto-pap machine,i have a c-pap from apria health,and when i got it,i had some medical coverage,and only payed 100 dollers for it.The problem now is that i don,t have the same coverage now,and want a auto c-pap machine.The one i have now was around 1000 dollers,and i can imagine how much an auto c-pap costs! Can anyone tell me where i can get one on line,or do i have to go thru a sleep study again?The insurance i have now will not cover a auto-pap.Thanks…Bajagal

There was a place that accepted good working machines as donations so that they could help people who need these machines and I cannot remember the name of that organization. Maybe try to search the internet for this place?

bajagal2000 sleep-apnea-cpt6008@lists.careplace.com wrote: