Want to change my life

I want to change my life and want to get rid of my alcohol problem. I guess the first step is admitting that I have a problem with alcohol

I sure hope that reaching out will help me to start dealing with this hold that alcoholism has over me. Thanks for all the great words of wisdom. Have a wonderful day and may God Bless You and keep you strong.

Good Morning,
My name is Gypsy and I too am an alcoholic. First step as you wrote is admittining the problem the second need to take action in fixing the problem. I am in the process of doing this myself. I believe this will be the hardest step, but in order to do this we need to take that second step, that is going to places like this or AA’s to help cope with the trauma that has happened in our lives. Counsling will help as well.
I just got out of rehab-and these are the first two steps that I had just started. So far so good. believe in yourself and be strong . you will get through this as so many others have them selves. The problem is this is going to be for the rest of your life. needing help. each day will get better, at the same time it will be with you forever. BUT as long as you believe in yourself you can do this, don’t loose faith in your self. that is the most important thing in everything.
Good luck and keep up the good work.
Gypsy

hey, Wanna… i could not quit by myself… and there is no shame in this… i was dependant on it… and well… i needed help, and i still need help… i had to go to an environment where i could not drink or drug… and i had to detox… and go to meeting, meeting, and more meetings… and well… let me tell you, i love who i am today… and it all started from me not picking up that drink today…