Wanted to share

My daughter was stillborn on May 31, 2007. They had said that she had Dandy Walker Variant and a possible absence of the corpus collosum. I wanted to share that we got the pathology and autopsy results today and my daughter did not have Dandy Walker and her brain was completly normal. She died from a stroke that happend very early on in pregnancy that caused a cyst to form on her brain and bleeding on the brain, as well as a placental abruption.

The Dandy Walker had been “confirmed” by multiple ultrasounds, 3D ultrasounds and a fetal MRI.

Obviously I am not saying that all cases are misdiagnosed, but coming from someone who was offered the chance to abort the pregnancy please know that if you chose, like me, to continue with the pregnancy there is a chance that there is no Dandy Walker. Although, my outcome was not good regardless, I find some comfort in knowing this.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

I am sorry for your lost but hearing that it wasn’t dandy walker has brought a little comfort. I am 22weeks and refuse to abort since the doctors tell me that my baby definately has dandy walker.