Weekends

Well im only young and have a lot ov school work and stuff, but on weekends and most thursday nights, i find myself out with 18-19 yr old guys driving round and drinking… i cant help it, its just something i do… I dont know i really need to crack down and stuff but i really cant

Defenatly not useless. One of the hardest things in life is to admit that we are powerless over something. you may not be ready to do that yet but hopefully you don’t have to have a tragady in your life to figure out that you are! That’s what it took for me and it could have been prevented. It takes what it takes though.

i totally know how you feel. I always seem to put drinking ahead of my school work when i shouldn’t. I like to go out and socialize because i am young and dumb i guess you can say. I never thought i was an alcoholic until i had legal issues, c’mon not that many people are alcoholics at the ripe age of 20.

You will learn different bakes if you start going to meetings. i started when I was 12 and full blown by fifteen. when alot of people share there story you will here similar stuff. no pun intended! I thought the same thing when I was your age. i thought that i was unique. I thought that I was some sort of freak becuase I drank way more than everyone my age. Not a freak, Just a drunk! I was stubourn though. i went to a meeting at the ripe old age of 19 and Listened to all the horror shows and compared instead of related. Hadn’t lost this, Haden’t done that. What I was doing was building a list of not-yets. I had to go out and do all that stuff and lose all those things before I realized That I couldn’t drink or do drugs in safety. It’s hard for young people to get sober and stay sober becuase we are 10 feet tall in bullet-proof. Here’s the one, You don’t HAVE to do that. You can get off on any step you want. you don’t have to slam into the ground at the bottom to realize these things. I am not trying to bust your balls by any means. I am only sharing my expeirience. I have been right were your at. I hope that you don’t have to go threw what I did to realize, That’s all. If your already thinking that alcohol is the problem, Chances are that your right. Do what you need to do to take care of your problem befor it takes care of you. There are thousands and thousands of young people in recovery and there is so much more to life than that shit! I wish you all the best and I am right here if you need to get anything off your chest. Pain in life is inevitable, Misery is optional!!!

Peace~

DAve~

an alcoholic is an alcoholic, this disease is indiscriminate… doenst matter how old you are, what race, sex, or religion.

Thanks Invictus…I definitely need people to talk to. I have been going to group meetings for about a month now. It is really hard for me to change becuase of my friends or lack there of. I feel so alone right now, and I know thats typical especially at my stage of recovery. Thanks again for your support its greatly appreciated.

OOps! Sorry about that! I just read your profile and realized that you are not a guy. Not that it matters. I just had assumed becase of your nickname. My bad! won’t happen again. These damn computers!:slight_smile:

Dave~

fitting in seems so important until you realize that your life is on the line. I lost my choice of career because i chose to drink and drive. Some of my friends have actually stuck up for me not drinking and told me it was a good thing that i was quitting. because when they quit they were much happier individuals. Is that true are you happier now that you have quit?