Wegener's Granulomatosis Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Wegener’s Granulomatosis. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

Life is about health, family and friends, but sometimes its hard to keep focus on what is most important

hi there, i work with the careplace team. i think careplace is awesome. i hope it will really help people to share, support eachother and learn. we can all use support and understanding and it is so important for all of us who have experienced difficulties to have a safe and informative forum in which to do so. thanks for visiting - it is really rewarding for all of us to see people reaching out to eachother - it is what careplace is all about.

Founder of the TransGlobal Health Community Center at http://transglobalhealth.com

I live in the northeast and suffer from seasonal depression. I basically hibernate from november until april. Besides moving, I’d really like to talk to people about how they’ve conquered their depression. I’m a really cynical person and depression has got me beat :confused:

Diagnosed with WG about 5 years ago. Went through the Cytoxan Infusions, high does predisone etc. I am now stable on Cellcept after Rituxan infusions. WG primarily in right eye and sinus, eyesight has improved from 20/400 to 20/20 (both correcected- with eyeglasses).

I was diagnosed with Wegener’s in November, 2004. As you can guess, it has really had an impact on my life. I’m interested in communicating with others with the same condition.

My name is Margaret. I am 48 years old. I live in Brisbane Qld Australia. Was diagnosed with WG in 2002 after many years of declining health and the diagnosis of CUC about 10 years earlier.

Hi! My name is Connie Anderson and I have WG. I am about to mark the 4 yr anniversary of dx.

I was diagnosed with Wegeners when I was 18, nearly 19 years ago. Im now 37, Im originally from Australia and ive been in the U.S for nearly 6years.

HI,

I was diagnosed with WG in 2005, and am living a normal life after a very close call with WG

Dx 2005 with Wegeners aged 35. Live in Bucks UK, interested to hear from anyone nearby

I was diagnosed with WG in May 2006. I crashed twice in 6 weeks, spending several day sin CCU while the docs figured out what was wrong. Since then,I am taking MEDROL dialy, Methyltrexate weekly, and liviung with this condition.

Dx’d Nov 06, share experience with others and chat to others with wg. Live in UK, interested in hearing from others in UK.

i am here because i have WG. i want to learn more about it and also chat with people who have it and make new friends.

I’ve just been diagnosed and I would like to learn everything possible about Wegener’s from the community. I’d like to connect with people who have this same disease.

Thanks,

Amie

i happened upon this page by accident while searching to see if there was anything new on Wegener’s, a disease i am all to familiar with. I have been in remission for nine years after spending a month in a Boston hospital in 1998.
I had all the classic symptoms but an early diagnoses by my primary caregiver acutually saved my life. Treated with prednisone and cytoxan also had dialysis and plasma foresis. Had a very minor relapse about two years ago but back on the prednisone and cleared up very fast. Fellwonderful and just wondering what is happening to the rest of the community

Was formally diagnosed four years ago with this disease, but suspect I’ve had it smoldering in my sinus’ for a couple of years prior. Now just trying to stay on top of doctors who don’t seem to know as much about the disease as I do - and dealing with a lung mass that shows all the common characteristics of a WG episode, but that my current pulmy keeps suggesting I have removed. I hope that this group can help to shed some light on treatments and experiences of others and be a source of support during those times when non-Weggies just don’t seem to quite understand.

My name is Gina and my mom had been recently diagnosed with Wegenrs. I wanted to know what to expect and what treatment options are there.
Thank You.

I have Wegeners. I was diagonosed abit over three years ago. Having come near death, I maintain an interest despite being in “chemical remission”. The condition and treatment has left me with significant nerve damage in my legs and feet. This causes chronic pain and some difficulty in walking.