Weight gain

HELLO I WAS DX ABOUT A YEAR AGO SINCE THAT TIME I HAVEE PUT ON AROUND 40 LBS. THE DR’S ALL SAY ITS NOT RELATED TO FM , I TRY TO WATCH WHAT I EAT I STILL WORK SO I DO GET SOME EXERCISE. ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM

Did they put you on any steroids like prednisone??? How old are you Brenda?

-----Original Message-----
From: tut1985 [mailto:fibrosing-cpt4112@lists.careplace.com]
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2007 8:52 PM
To: varends@cfu.net
Subject: [fibrosing] WEIGHT GAIN

I have gain twenty pounds over the last two years and I try to watch what I
eat and fast walk two and a half miles a day. IT is hard to do with only one
lung and in the winter time. Maybe buy a treadmill and try slow walking on
a treadmill and in the winter. I used to run about two miles a day before I
got FM. It is hard when you get so tired due to shortness of breath to
sustain any cardiovascular exercise.
Do you use O 2? Maybe O 2 would help you with sustain exercise.

Paul@yahoo

************************************** See what’s free at http://www.aol.com.

HELLO THANKS FOR RESPONDING I’M ON NO STEROIDS . I TO HAVE ONLY ONE LUNG THE WORK I’M NOT OON O2 YET I GO TO THE DR AGAIN IN JULY AT BARNES HOSPITAL IN ST LOUIS WE WILL SEE WHERE TO GO FROM THERE. THANKS BRENDA

I’ve been gaining weight, especially around the middle and I have been sincerely dieting since March with little or no result. I’ve been wondering if the massive number of veins that criss-cross my abdoman, ribs and everywhere to allow blood to flow back to the heart (due to 100 % SVC) has anything to do with it. I guess I feel that my whole upper body is “puffy”. I feel a little better knowing that others are experiencing similar effects.

Ron

I have been gaining weight for the last month, I am now around the 200 pound mark, this is depressing. I eat healthy and try to look after myself, my doctor keeps telling me it is because of the prednisone that I am on.

Prednisone increases your appetite and also helps your body retain fluid, they tell me once I am decreased on the amount of prednisone I am taking (35mg) my weight gain should slow down. Lets hope so because it makes me look about 9 months pregnant, I wouldn’t mind if I was but I find it embarrassing looking like this!

Try drinking 8 glasses of distilled water with dandelion root, 2 tablespoons
of Cranberry juice, and two table spoons of lemon juice. It will help. I
got this from AOL Body Beta, Jillian Michael’s lose weight fast in one week.
Give it a try!

Paul@yahoo

************************************** See what’s free at http://www.aol.com.

Hi I’m brand new to this illness and this forum. I was recently diagnosed with FM and I too have been gaining wait - especially around my middle. I feel exceptionally bloated all the time. I’m not on steroids and don’t have any other complications (that I know of) like one lung or SVC blockages. I wasn’t thinking it was related to FM but after reading this dialog, I can now see that it may be related.

I too have gained weight especially in the mid section over the past year. In 2006 alone I was on steroids 4 times but not since Aug 2006. I feel extemely bloated all the time in addition to my face being puffy, neck, arms, hands and even my ankles and feet. My dr said not related but everything I read on FM says it is related.

Looking for friends with FM in the airways. According to dr.'s makes FM even more rare and untreatable. Anyone out there like me? Penny from Atlanta

hi my name is mary i have had this disease since 1978. I also have gained weight but i was on steroids. i am on oxygen 24 hours daily. It was so bad that it got to were I just couldn’t breath at all. I started a low fat diet and i have lost about twenty pounds and can’t believe the difference. I need to lose a lot more but it is helping.
good luck mary from tn.

I am still gaining weight, they tell me due to the steroid, prednisone, this stuff is a double sided ragged blade, but it seems to be shrinking the FM or the mass in my chest…

I have a question: I read e-mails etc. from people with FM, whether it be idopathic or histoplamosis, and they say "I have FM of the airways, please exactly what does this mean?:

I know that I have FM, I have scar tissue wrapped around my pulmonary artery and a bronch tube, so is this FM of the airways, at one time they told me I had a blood clot in my right lung, the doctor put me on blood thinners and now they are telling me that my lung has pretty well healed itself.

The doctors are telling me that the prednisone is working by shrinking my mass, but lately I seem to be in quite a bit of pain. my jaw is always aching, my throat hurts and if feels like someone punched me in my windpipe, the area right under the front of my chin really hurts and the morphine I am on for pain doesn’t seem to touch it, has anyone experienced any of this before, the doctore that looks after myself and my FM is on holidays, so my family doctor is looking after me right now and he flat out admitted he doesn’t know anything about FM so I asked my doctor to check it out, he gave me a chest x-ray, and told me my neck hurts because I must have twisted it in my sleep. If any one out their can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

thank you, and hope to hear from someone soon