Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

Life is about health, family and friends, but sometimes its hard to keep focus on what is most important

Founder of the TransGlobal Health Community Center at http://transglobalhealth.com

I live in the northeast and suffer from seasonal depression. I basically hibernate from november until april. Besides moving, I’d really like to talk to people about how they’ve conquered their depression. I’m a really cynical person and depression has got me beat :confused:

I am a 36 year old single mom with my 5 year old son. I love animals and elderly and the out doors and helping people.

I am a WKS survivor.

Partner toJenny, who suffers from profound WKS. We live in the UK

Daughter of a WKS patient

i am the caretaker to my partner’s father with wks.

My 59 year old brother is in a care home, suffering from this condition. The home is humane and comfortable but, I feel, not really offering much in the way of rehabilitation, i.e.compensation coaching and his quality of life is pretty miserable.

I’m interested in this as my b/f has possible wernicke/Korsakoff, alcoholic amnesia. I’m always looking for more about these condintions

I have a son in a nursing home with WKS. Would like to hear from others in similar situation.

I survived Wernicke’s and came out better for it. I know that sounds strange–I was very lucky–but now, sober, still married to the wonderful wife, and feeling good, very good, about the rest of my life.

Please feel free to view the story at:

http://www.geocities.com/misticuf/Green_Goblin.html

I posted the link incorrectly in the intro section. The above link should work.

I have been suffering with this condition for nearly three years and am looking for information and support

My sister has it for overa year now she is 50 years old.I am the only family member left.Im not sure she has it for with what i read it doesnt look like it.At the beginning she has fabulating things now nothing.She has no interst in anything doesnt want to wash or anything.She remains stuck in 2004 the year our mother died.Ineed answers…cause i feel so alone in all this.

My wife has had Wern-korsa for over a year… she lives at home with me, and no longer drinks.I am (still) looking for any other spouses who live with their sick wives(husbands.) I recently had her tested by a Neuro-Phsycologist who tested her for 3 hours. Yes, she has WKS, no she’ll never get better. I’d love to chat with other spouse/caregivers who take care of their loved one at home, not an institution…

My sister in law just was hospitalized and now in a nursing home at 46 with korsakoff… i have her 11 year old daughter and am so sad

Hiya my name is sarah, I live in the UK. Check out my story for all my info. (it’s long!)

hi there, i work with the careplace team. i think careplace is awesome. i hope it will really help people to share, support eachother and learn. we can all use support and understanding and it is so important for all of us who have experienced difficulties to have a safe and informative forum in which to do so. thanks for visiting - it is really rewarding for all of us to see people reaching out to eachother - it is what careplace is all about.