What exactly is EBV and how is it treated?

i tested positive for Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV) w/ high titers: (1.91, EBV-EA; 4.07, IgG-AB), equivocal Lyme C6 (1.04), equivocal HHV6 IgG (1:320 & 10), and now i have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS). doctors don’t believe its Lyme altho i have many symptoms. I’m thinking Chronic Lyme or Post Lyme. One Dr (Phd) told me i had a lot of fungus in my blood and the underlying issue was Lyme (viewed blood under powerful microscope). Some Drs don’t beleive in CFS, and they get upset with me when i talk about Lyme.

Muscle Biopsy shows Mitochondrial Myopathy and i’m waiting to see Neuromuscular Dr (23Jul) for add’l testing and review. i’m having a sleep study on 10Jun. The following tests came back normal since my last post: PET Scan, Chest X-Ray, Full Body CT Scan w/ Heart analysis. Some Drs don’t beleive in CFS, and they get upset with me when i talk about Lyme.

Chronic/Post Lyme makes sense because of my background. i grew up in NJ & PA… i played and rode my bike in the woods all the time - it was my home away from home. i’ve been racing bikes in the mountains since 1994 (PA, VT, WV, Canada (Quebec, Montreal & Vancouver), Mexico, Europe (France, Slovenia, Switzerland). i got sick as a dog in VT in 97, and also WV after returning from Europe in 01. Drs are not taking me serious… they are only relying on Western Blot Test. i insisted on another one… and i’m seeing a Hematologist 11Jun.

i went to a CFS clinic and they put me on Heparin, T3 Thyroid, and Testosterone cream. i had low Natural killer cell titer (NKC WBC Lymphs, 686; NKC Phenotyping, 64). I’m also taking supps Beta Glucan and Immunoglobulin. i removed Soy and Whest from my diet in April - Nothing changed.

Drs keep pushing antidpressants (altho i’m not depressed and i saw a shrink to confirm)… what is that all about? they think they AD’s will help me sleep (which was the exact opposite of what happened when i tried one 37.5mg tablet of Effexor in Jan. i barely slept 4 hrs per night for an entire week! i’ve been ill for 14 months. does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

hi sonicbmx, im birdie. new to this community thing. read your conversation and am very sorry to hear your so sick. its very interesting to hear about the fungus in the blood because when i was first admitted with the ebv the docs thought that i had gallstones due to the symptoms. unfortunately it took them 6 mos to figure it out. anyway after further probing it turned out that i do have polyps on my gallbladder and the doc did say something about fungus somewhere in there-any insight on the fungus? i have no clue what that means. by the way, i think the ads are given for the fact that you(me, anyway) dont have the get up and go that you did pre-ebv–ask for xanax-should sleep much better and have a little more energy for the day if you take one at bedtime-worked for me