What I learned from tragedy

After having a child with anencephaly, I realized what a great miracle life is and how fragile it can be as well. I’ve learned to appreciate having a healthy child and enjoy every waking moment with her. I’ve learned to appreciate others, for everyone of us is a miracle from God.

What have you learned??

I too know understand how much I learned during this heartbreaking time in my life as I have most times I was in a struggling moment… I so a[[ricate the healthy children I have now …though my teenager tries his hardest to make me feel different… as well I am empathic and compassionate others…

I learned that life is short and not to be so naive. When I was pregnant with Elizabeth I figured that every child is born healthy. I know that some children obviously are not born healthy but I was extremely naive. I did not think that would happen to me and it never went through my mind. Going through having a baby with anencephaly was so hard and the saddest moment and process I have ever gone through. I gave birth to this beautiful angel last week. I learned that not every child will be born healthy and sometimes things are out of your control. I learned that I am stronger than I thought I was and learned that I have such a loving family. I have learned so much from this experience and will never be glad I went through it but will be glad on what I learned from it. Love always, a grieving mother.