What is the best medicine for migranes?

Migraines can totally inhibit having any kind of life at all…
As each of you has stated ~ the migraines control your choices ~
There are so many different variables and most are out of our control.
I look forward to those days when the weather is right, the lighting is perfect, no one is wearing perfume or scented hand creams, the stress level is within easy to manage range, positive vibes are flowing, the temperature is stable, and I’ve eaten only healthy foods… with that in place I can say I have a 50-50 chance to have a good day, at least no migraine. Are we high maintenance?

Dub…I also have ALOT of trouble driving when headlights are on when i have a migraine. It is excruciating!!! I can see where you were blinded!!! I hope that you are feeling better!!!

Yes RIver, we are high maintenence. I pretty much just do most things anyway with my migraines, cause no one else is gonna do them for me, my boss is whining today cause she has a “headache”. She has absolutely NO sympathy for me though when I get a bad migraine and try and take off. It’s FORGET it. She would rather me go in, get a shot, come back to work, sit here and work all day (so then of course the shot doesn’t work cause i don’t go home like i am suppossed to and go to sleep), then she is pissed again the next day cause i still have it. It’s an endless cycle and so I have come to not even mentioning it ever at work.

Bon Bon,

I give you credit for that stamina of yours. I have stamina, however, when I get hit with a migraine, there isn’t a boss in the world that can make me get out of bed. It is that debilitating. If I catch it on time, I may have a shot, and then in that case I go to work feeling lousy, but I can manage. As far as your boss and her unsympathetic ways, I had a husband like that, who actually witnessed for 23 years the devastation of migraine headaches, and not once did he ever have sympathy toward me. He called it a “headache.” Of course, he is a pathological narcissist, so that says everything.